Author Topic: California birth and death records  (Read 1687 times)

Offline Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
Re: California birth and death records
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Yes, that's another possibility.  I can wait five years and, meanwhile, turn my attention to the other disappeared and problem individuals who plague the fringes of my tree.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 26 February 18 21:56 GMT (UK) »
...Theories:...

2)  Even though her birth was registered under her father's surname, she was born before they were actually married, was given up for adoption and received a new name.  She may or may not still be alive.

This is a bit late for a reply, but I was looking through California threads and found yours. 

Was she born before the marriage, or it is a theory that she could have been born before their marriage?  If she was born before their marriage, she could have been adopted soon after birth. It is possible that her siblings were never told which could explain why she was not mentioned in an obituary.

Also, do you know if the couple ever visited family (outside of their area)?  Perhaps they visited family members soon after the baby's birth and the little girl passed away while they were in another state?
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline Erato

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Old Powder House, 1703
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 February 18 22:06 GMT (UK) »
"Was she born before the marriage, or it is a theory that she could have been born before their marriage?"

Just a theory; I don't know the date of the marriage.

Out of state relatives?

Possible, but only remotely so.
Wiltshire:  Banks, Taylor
Somerset:  Duddridge, Richards, Barnard, Pillinger
Gloucestershire:  Barnard, Marsh, Crossman
Bristol:  Banks, Duddridge, Barnard
Down:  Ennis, McGee
Wicklow:  Chapman, Pepper
Wigtownshire:  Logan, Conning
Wisconsin:  Ennis, Chapman, Logan, Ware
Maine:  Ware, Mitchell, Tarr, Davis