Author Topic: Villages or towns designated by a number on a tree.  (Read 2440 times)

Offline hookleg

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Villages or towns designated by a number on a tree.
« Reply #9 on: Monday 18 December 17 00:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that info Girl Guide I might take a 1 month trial and see if it suits.
Yes , it was from a time when my subscription was active and was saved to my tree as I didn't know the village.
chempat:-  Can't access records currently, but can view my trees (and add to them or edit).
Burt, Cockrill, Craske, Debenham, Double, Grimwade, Grimwood, Hilder, Mayhew, Ray. All from  West Suffolk around the Bury St. Edmunds area.
Simpson, Pittendreigh, Arthur.   Aberdeenshire

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 18 December 17 00:26 GMT (UK) »
However back to my original question I have an individual died in 1765 • 1677001, Suffolk, England

I've used Ancestry for years and never noticed anything like that. Doesn't really make any sense does it?
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jomot

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 December 17 01:04 GMT (UK) »
If the person was Alice Willet, wife of Edmund Craske, then the source is other Ancestry trees and I cant seem to track any of them back to the original  ::)

Some trees say she died at Drinkstone, with the source again being other trees, however if you use Ctrl & F on the link below to find reference: IC500/1/220/69 it references the original Will of Alice Craske of Drinkstone 1765

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01l6h/

ADDED:  If you go to https://www.suffolkarchives.co.uk/ and put Craske Drinkstone in the search box it brings up several other wills etc, including one for Edmund.
MORGAN: Glamorgan, Durham, Ohio. DAVIS/DAVIES/DAVID: Glamorgan, Ohio.  GIBSON: Leicestershire, Durham, North Yorkshire.  RAIN/RAINE: Cumberland.  TAYLOR: North Yorks. BOURDAS: North Yorks. JEFFREYS: Worcestershire & Northumberland. FORBES: Berwickshire, CHEESMOND: Durham/Northumberland. WINTER: Durham/Northumberland. SNOWBALL: Durham.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 18 December 17 02:05 GMT (UK) »
Alice Craske was buried 11th May 1765 Drinkstone per National Burial Index on FindMyPast.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 18 December 17 05:22 GMT (UK) »
The numbers are from Ancestry's database - you would need to ask them!

My Ancestry subscription lapsed a few years ago - but I can still update my trees ;D
What I can't do is look at any saved Ancestry records - such as census.
By that I mean that I can't see the census images, but I have the transcribed information.

Both Ancestry and FindMyPast usually have free access over Christmas - why not wait a week or two ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Nic.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 18 December 17 08:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I’ve also run across personal trees on Ancestry which use numbers instead of places but for places in Wiltshire, I will try and check one these against my tree. I’ve oftern wondered if they related to map references. 

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 18 December 17 14:26 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if this is relevant but in the "Historic Parishes of England & Wales" published by the History Data Service, https://discover.ukdataservice.ac.uk/catalogue?sn=4348
Drinkstone parish is 34/301. This is a two digit County Number, Suffolk is 34, and a three digit District Number.  All the parishes in England & Wales have a unique reference number.
It would help if details were posted of the numbers found.

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 18 December 17 15:23 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if this is relevant but in the "Historic Parishes of England & Wales" published by the History Data Service, https://discover.ukdataservice.ac.uk/catalogue?sn=4348
Drinkstone parish is 34/301. This is a two digit County Number, Suffolk is 34, and a three digit District Number.  All the parishes in England & Wales have a unique reference number.
It would help if details were posted of the numbers found.

Stan

Isn’t this the number the OP is referring to?

.  Back to my original question I have an individual died in 1765 • 1677001, Suffolk, England
Probably my fault for copying it but is my 6x gt grandmother                         
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Nic.

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 18 December 17 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Could this number simply be FHL Film number?