Author Topic: Dorothy Grainger  (Read 316 times)

Offline familyfind

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dorothy Grainger
« on: Monday 18 December 17 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi There I am putting on an exhibition next year concerning a local photographer to our village. Dorothy Grainger, died 30 years ago but she got married in 1922. I know  from the BMD records which wedding I am interested in, but can anyone tell me if that certificate is available online anywhere please:

Jun qtr 1922 Sudbury Dorothy Issatt to Alfred Grainger.  (I think it might be St Peters Church but do not know for sure)
I would like to include a copy of the certificate with her handwriting on, not just a modern typed one.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Maggsie

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Dorothy Grainger
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 December 17 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
There isn't a Church record for the marraige only the Civil Record.
Sorry,
Maggsie

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline familyfind

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 18 December 17 12:43 GMT (UK) »
oh dear, that means I am not looking for parish registers but registery office records I suppose. I will have to send of for certificate.
thanks for your reply

Offline ciderdrinker

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 18 December 17 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi
You could go to the local registrar office and ask them nicely for a copy of the original with her handwriting.

Ciderdrinker