Author Topic: How do I purchase copies of Northumberland parish entries?  (Read 1702 times)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: How do I purchase copies of Northumberland parish entries?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 21 December 17 21:25 GMT (UK) »
I just realised that the above post could be a bit misleading - I don't mean that you have to attend Woodhorn in person.  It can be done by post but the person who wants the copy must complete and sign the form.  It can't be done by someone else.

Boo knows how it's done  :)

Yes, I have ordered a few copies for just the price of the copying charge, but that is thanks to you looking the entry up so I could order without incurring the research charge (which is outside my budget, but comparable with other archives)

If the original poster comes back I'd say that if only the year of birth is known, then without an exact date its likely to be expensive as it 'will' come under the heading of 'research'.
With an exact date of baptism then it can be done for just the cost of the copy - once you print, complete and post off the order form and copyright declaration.

Actually if only the year is known then how do they know which parish/denomination? Northumberland is noted for non conformist folk of many flavours so I'd be looking at Family Search, NDFHS transcripts on the pay sites, Free Reg, behind the sofa et al first to try to find out where this child was baptised.

You have already offered to look the entry up, if the LDS have digitised the film, I could look it up after the holidays at our local Family History Centre but unless we have the details of name, parish and time frame we can't do that. There may even be a Bishops Transcript available but no one can help without further detail.

Boo