Author Topic: "Privately Baptised" - Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex, 1795  (Read 1659 times)

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: "Privately Baptised" - Hatfield Broad Oak, Essex, 1795
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 21 December 17 07:08 GMT (UK) »
Parish registers. They're available online for a subscription. Search essex parish registers SEAX and you'll find it. Happy to help  :)
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 21 December 17 16:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi nannyj:

Thank you for mentioning the site; it's good to know that they offer subscriptions.  The last time I ordered documents, I believe we had to pay using a cashier's cheque which ended up costing far more to obtain than the actual cost of the documents.  (I ordered three documents.)

Thank you again for your help.  Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline nannyj

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 21 December 17 17:08 GMT (UK) »
You’re welcome. If you want anything else looked up, just say. Then if you wanted copies, you’d know the dates and parishes and could do a one day subscription, which is about £10 Sterling.
Jamiesons, Martins and McGonigals of Coleraine, Londonderry
and
Cullens, Grahams and Challenors of Dublin county and city.

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 21 December 17 17:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much; I will keep that in mind.  One of my "brickwall" ancestors lived in Hatfield Broad Oak.  It took a long time to track him down; I feel that I know the HBO area more than any other area in which my ancestors lived.  Hatfield Broad Oak and Dunmow hold a special place in my heart and I find researching in Essex so interesting.

I appreciate your help.  Thank you, Lisa
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)