Author Topic: Ferry Inn 1920's  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Aynn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ferry Inn 1920's
« on: Wednesday 20 December 17 02:53 GMT (UK) »
I have found that my Mum's mother left the village of Duntocher  to work as a housemaid? for the Monroe's who owned the Ferry Inn, in the early 1920's.  I now it is a long shot, but I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of any where that has archives from that time or a local Library.
Thank you
Aynn
Gallacher, McAllister, Ballam, Hawksby,  Ireland to Scotland and New Zealand

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
Re: Ferry Inn 1920's
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm assuming you mean the Ferry Inn at Renfrew? Might be worth you contacting the Paisley Library who should have trade directories.

If you're looking specifically for your grandma then Scotland's People I'd recommend but if she passed away in the last 50 years or less you'll not be able to see her death cert online - it wou;d need to be ordered.

Hope that helps

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline Aynn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ann:
 I have the death certificate, was actually hoping that the library would have pictures from that time showing employees (Got this idea from my local library in Niagara Falls)  sometimes there are these types and although I know it is a long shot I will give the library a try.
Thanks again
Aynn
Gallacher, McAllister, Ballam, Hawksby,  Ireland to Scotland and New Zealand

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 19:12 GMT (UK) »
If there are photos I reckon they will have them but you may also want to see if any Renfrew pages on fb. I'm on a few Paisley ones and they get a lot of photos.

I have fond memories of the Ferry Inn from the mid 70s as we used to go there on a Friday after work. Not been for a good 35+ years :)

best Wishes

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-