Author Topic: Simon MacGregor, son of Alexander and Mary MacGregor  (Read 1268 times)

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Simon MacGregor, son of Alexander and Mary MacGregor
« on: Wednesday 20 December 17 10:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

Simon was born in the late 18th century, and his death certificate from 1859 in Fodderty gives his parents as Alexander MacGregor and Mary Grant. Could anyone find me any baptism for him or anything on his parents? Simon married Margaret MacKenzie in Fodderty in 1811, and gives his d.o.b. as somewhere between 1788 and 1796, and as Contin on the 1851 Census.

Thanks,

Adam
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Simon MacGregor, son of Alexander and Mary MacGregor
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 10:20 GMT (UK) »
Before we start looking, have you tried Scotlands people  :-\
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 10:23 GMT (UK) »
I have done. The only baptism I could locate was in 1796, but to Anne McBean who wasn't Simon's mother, plus it was in Inverness. Simon is confirmed as my ancestor as my confirmed great-great-great-grandfather states him as his father on his 1861 death record.
Lipman family of Aldgate - ends with Lewis Lipman (d. 1871, Bethnal Green), son of John Lipman 'late of Glasgow' (1856)
McGregor family of Fodderty - ends with Alexander McGregor (b. 1765, Fodderty), son of Murdoch McGregor and Kate Stewart

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 11:59 GMT (UK) »
Adam, try the tenants listed on this,

www.fairburn-estate.co.uk/oldmap.html

Skoosh.

Offline MacGrigor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 12:05 GMT (UK) »
I will. Thanks.