Author Topic: Elizabeth Ann (nee Jewell) and James Burns  (Read 933 times)

Online keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Ann (nee Jewell) and James Burns
« Reply #27 on: Friday 22 December 17 16:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi keyboard86, Owen is transcribed as Owen BURN, rather than BURNS on 1861 Census, so Mary Jane BURN could be our Mary Jane? The date seems to fit?
:) I know that I posted it! The other early births I can locate as you see, it is just Mary J 9 in 1861 that is causing me problems, eg if Mary Jane Burn is her why no mothers maiden name like her siblings, and also marriage Owen Burn/s to Mary possibly Hall?
Keyboard86

PS and Mary 22 in 1881?
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Ann (nee Jewell) and James Burns
« Reply #28 on: Friday 22 December 17 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi again also note the 1871 family with Anne 17 Julia 15 James 13 Patrick 5 was a Mary Jane 1 the only one I could locate on Free BMD was a Mary Jane M Burns March qtr 1870 Sunderland 10a 502 but for some reason cannot locate on GRO Index?
In addition to 1871 family above Owen/Mary had a son Owen, Sept qtr 1863 Sunderland 10a 413 mmn Hall who dies 1864 Sunderland, Owen Burns snr looks to have died March qtr 1863 Sunderland aged 35, and also a death for a Mary Jane BURN March qtr 1875 Sunderland 10a 49 aged 5
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.