Author Topic: Eva and Ernest wedding  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eva and Ernest wedding
« on: Friday 22 December 17 13:42 GMT (UK) »
I'm putting this up for anyone to have a dabble with it. The Bride is my mom who died on the 2nd December, the funeral was this week. The bridesmaid on her left is her sister Jean whom she survived by a mere 19 days.The photo is from 6th June 1948.

If anyone fancies colouring it, I'm assuming the roses would have been yellow as they were always her favourite.

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: Eva and Ernest wedding
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 December 17 22:21 GMT (UK) »
My sincere sympathies, Andy, to one of the nicest people contributing to this forum.
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 December 17 22:24 GMT (UK) »
So sorry for your loss Andy, my condolences to you and your family at this sad time  :(
Chin up  :-*
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 December 17 00:46 GMT (UK) »
Black & white starter.
Cheers,
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline MartynS

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 December 17 06:34 GMT (UK) »
Sending my sincere condolences to you at this difficult time Andy (HP).

Martyn

Restorers : Please do not use my restorations without asking my permission first. Thanks.

Good quality size scans will mean much better restores >> hint hint :-)

Offline Handypandy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 December 17 09:42 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone. To be honest, her passing is only tinged with mild sadness as it was a blessed release, she had a rough time of it over the last couple of years and thats where our grieving was. She might have put it like this: 'Its been wonderful to be here, but its getting late and I just want to go home'

I found the photo amongst her stuff and its one that I've not seen for a good few years. Being such a close family, every person in this photo played a huge part in my life and I don't feel like tackling it myself just yet.

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 December 17 10:36 GMT (UK) »
What a beautiful photograph to treasure.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

When a loved one has been very ill for some time it is a blessed release when they go home. As you say your grieving began some time ago but it still hurts.

Take care and remember the happy times.

Dorrie
Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 23 December 17 14:41 GMT (UK) »
So sorry to hear of your loss.  :'( Please accept my condolences. 
As Dowdstree says - What a beautiful photo of a very happy day.  Thank you for sharing this with us.

May God bless you and send peace to you this Christmas. :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline oldtimer

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 23 December 17 15:24 GMT (UK) »
So sorry to hear of your sad loss, Andy.

Judy x
Best wishes, Judy :-))

"All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"