Author Topic: Stanley Perry Chapman- GRO numbers required  (Read 2056 times)

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Stanley Perry Chapman- GRO numbers required
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 December 17 08:23 GMT (UK) »
If you use FreeBMD.org.uk, you don't need the wife's surname?
But having said that, there are a lot of Stanley Chapman marriages in Lancashire between 1940 and 1983!

There is a Stanley P Chapman marriage in 1969 - can't mention the wife's name as she may still be living.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 December 17 08:38 GMT (UK) »
If you use FreeBMD.org.uk, you don't need the wife's surname?
But having said that, there are a lot of Stanley Chapman marriages in Lancashire between 1940 and 1983!

There is a Stanley P Chapman marriage in 1969 - can't mention the wife's name as she may still be living.

Thank you for your reply. However, as you may have noticed Rosie came up with her surname (Stanley's wife). No, she is not alive anymore. Thank you again

Popsit/NZ
Be good to your Mum

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 December 17 08:45 GMT (UK) »
He died 2nd Feb and  left a will - his address was not in Liverpool
Crewood Cottage  Ball Lane   Kingsley  Warrington

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills  - you want page 16  Costs £10 to buy a copy which you download
I have just been into the probate site and looked for Chapman only because it said there was nothing for P Chapman. It only goes to page 15. Have I missed something or done something wrong
Be good to your Mum

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 23 December 17 10:00 GMT (UK) »
I have just been into the probate site and looked for Chapman only because it said there was nothing for P Chapman. It only goes to page 15. Have I missed something or done something wrong

On the home page - it's split into 2 time frames.  Did you select the 1858-1996 section?

You can only put a surname and year of death in that section and it displays pages 1-15 then a little gap and then 21-22

Click on 15 and it opens up pages 16 onwards
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 23 December 17 20:59 GMT (UK) »

On the home page - it's split into 2 time frames.  Did you select the 1858-1996 section?

You can only put a surname and year of death in that section and it displays pages 1-15 then a little gap and then 21-22

Great, thank you, am off to do it now lol.

Popsit

Click on 15 and it opens up pages 16 onwards
Be good to your Mum

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 20:59 GMT (UK) »

https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills  - you want page 16  Costs £10 to buy a copy which you download

I have been away for a while, however I persevered with the info you gave me and have successfully ordered a will. Thank you again for your help.

popsit
Be good to your Mum

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 21:08 GMT (UK) »

I have been away for a while, however I persevered with the info you gave me and have successfully ordered a will. Thank you again for your help.

popsit
:'(Hi all,
I am trying to get the death details. I have the death registration details which are not good enough for the GRO people. I am looking for a person who maybe able to look quicker than me for the numbers. As I said I have the vol. and page numbers. The registration details are as follows: (from family search)

Stanley Perry Chapman, 1st qrt of 1995, Liverpool Lancs. Under "event place" which I take to mean where he died is Liverpool, Lancs. It says his birth date is 22nd Oct. 1922. His mothers nee name was Woollen. She had several men in her life apart from Stanley's father who was Thomas Perry.  One was a chap called Mr Chapman. As you can see Stanley took both names. I haven't been able to find a birth or marriage for Stanley (I think his wife's name may have been Mary).
Stanley had a sister also named Mary Rose who was born 1929..

All help really much appreciated.
Popsit/NZ

popsit

Can I put here completed lookup for this run of help. Will start a new query.

Be good to your Mum

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 21:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi popsit

Just to let you know, there should be a "topic completed" button at the bottom of each of your topics that you can use when you are happy a topic is finished with. This is mainly used when topics and titles can't be edited after 24 hours.

If you click the button by mistake, you can turn it back again as the button changes to "topic not completed".

When you have clicked the button, a green tick appears in the forum index and at the top of the topic.

Saves you having to use the "report to moderator" button or post a 'completed' reply might may be overlooked.

Hope this helps.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline popsit

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 06 February 18 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi popsit

Just to let you know, there should be a "topic completed" button at the bottom of each of your topics that you can use when you are happy a topic is finished with. This is mainly used when topics and titles can't be edited after 24 hours.

If you click the button by mistake, you can turn it back again as the button changes to "topic not completed".

When you have clicked the button, a green tick appears in the forum index and at the top of the topic.

Saves you having to use the "report to moderator" button or post a 'completed' reply might may be overlooked.

Hope this helps.

Dawn

Thank you, just done it.
Be good to your Mum