Author Topic: Kilgallen/Kilgallon  (Read 5779 times)

Offline DanielSollars

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Kilgallen/Kilgallon
« on: Thursday 04 August 05 13:38 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on a Patrick Kilgallen born in 1852 in Sligo.  His parents were Patrick and Ellen Kilgallen and I am looking for info on them also.  Patrick Junior 1852 moved to England and married Mary Foley of Wigan, Lancs.  In 1894 his wife died and he re-married.  For some unknown reason two of his children, Catherine (My G Grandmother) and Helen Kilgallen was sent to Ireland in 1895 aged 8 and 4 respectively.  I want to know a village or town that they moved too and any information on Helen Kilgallen.  I also would like to know brith and death years for Patrick Snr and Ellen.  Plus a maiden name for Ellen.  I understand its a lot to ask especially with records in Ireland very sparce but any information anybody has would be gratefull recieved or any sources I amy not have researched.  Thanks Daniel

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Kilgallen/Kilgallon
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 14 January 06 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Daniel,
Have printed out your post..05/8/05 so as I can see if I have anything or can find on your Kilgallen/Kilgallon's but as you said Irish records are hard to come by.
Do you have infomation on your Patrick Snr's siblings and parents? It is a long shot but may be able to link your family to mine.
Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline DanielSollars

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 January 06 09:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi,, I have very little information on Patrick Senior I only have his name through the marriage certificate of his son who moved to Wigan Engladn in the the early 1870s  The Kilgallen family in Wigan was the only family of that name in the town.  His mother must have moved with him as she was recorded in the 1881 census in England living with Patrick his wife Mary and his first born Margaret. I know two of his children Catherine and Helen were sent to Ireland. Catherine was my great grandmother. 
As I say I do not know where Catherine and Helen were sent to or why but Patrick married another Mary in 1895 following the death of his first wife.
As I said before this family of Kilgallens was the only one in Wigan.  Interestingly there is a record in Wigan of a Margaret Kilgallen dying in 1917 aged 47.  This woman doesn;t belong to my family as yet so it maybe a distant relative of Patrick's from Ireland.  Does any of this information tie in with yours???

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 January 06 12:34 GMT (UK) »
Daniel,
Nothing at the moment that connects..but will keep a look out..if you won't to send me a P.M. with your e-mail addy..
Cheers
Yons Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline DanielSollars

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 January 06 12:38 GMT (UK) »
My email address is Email address removed by moderator to prevent spam - please contact by personal message .  Feel free to email me if you obtain any further information, thanks Daniel

Offline cath g

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 28 November 14 20:31 GMT (UK) »
HI everyone  My ancestor was Bridget Kilgallon from Sligo/Mayo.  She moved to the West Midlands (near to Birmingham) in the  1800s and married John Banks.  I have been researching her for a while, but it is a hard name.  Would love to connect with my 'cousins' also researching.  If anyone is linked please email on (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 28 November 14 21:36 GMT (UK) »

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 29 November 14 01:03 GMT (UK) »
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.