Author Topic: Synced My Heritage family tree to Family Tree Builder - 2,000 names missing!!  (Read 1785 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: Synced My Heritage family tree to Family Tree Builder - 2,000 names missing!!
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 24 December 17 21:52 GMT (UK) »
I just had a thought?   had you downloaded a 'ged' file from your original work??

xin

Offline jazzycat12

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Synced My Heritage family tree to Family Tree Builder - 2,000 names missing!!
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 24 December 17 21:53 GMT (UK) »
No :'(

Offline jazzycat12

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 24 December 17 21:56 GMT (UK) »
At least, with all the new people I added, I had lots of Smart Matches so I can save from other people's trees quite quickly.

Susan

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 24 December 17 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Every time you sync the tree that was prior changed on the site, Family Tree Builder creates a backup of your project. The default number of backups to keep is 10.

Thus if your project was changed on the family site online, and those changes were downloaded to Family Tree Builder during the last sync, you can decide to get back to the previous version of your project.

It is possible to undo changes that were made after syncing your tree and downloading changes from the site, by restoring your project from the backup copy in Family Tree Builder.

http://helpcenter.myheritage.com/Family-Tree-Builder/Synchronization/33503094/How-can-I-undo-the-changes-that-were-done-in-Family-Tree-Builder-after-I-synced-my-tree.htm
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline jazzycat12

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 24 December 17 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.

The backed up version is still only showing 1,023 people whereas there were actually about over 3,000 people!

Susan

Offline jazzycat12

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 December 17 22:30 GMT (UK) »
It says there is a conflict between the version of My Heritage on the family site and the version of the Family Tree Builder.  I will have to contact their Help Desk after Christmas.  Thanks for everyone's helpful suggestions.

Susan

Offline familydar

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 25 December 17 11:20 GMT (UK) »
1023 has significance in IT terms. Think binary - 1 2 4 8 16 32 etc.  It's the max number that can be stored in 10 bits.  Field overflow, definitely a bug.

Thought I'd left all that behind when I retired over ten years ago now. Some things just stick.

Happy Xmas everyone.

Jane :-)
ALLEN
BARR, BARRATT, BERRY, BRADLEY,BRAMLEY,BRISTOW,BROWN,BUGBIRD,BUTLER
CAIN,CARR,CHAPMAN,CHARLES,CH*LTON,CHESTER,COCKETT
COLLASON,COLLYER,CORKERY
DARLING, DENYER,DICKERSON,DOLLING,DURBAN
FARMER,FURNELL
GIBSON,GILES,GROOMBRIDGE
HALL,HAMBIDGE,HARMES,HART,HICKS,HILL,HOLLOWAY
JACKSON
K*AT*S
LANCASTER,LINTON
MCDONALD,MCFADEN,MEARS,MILLARD
NICOLAS,NOAK,NORTH
PARFIT,PORTER
RIPPINGALE,ROBINS
SEARLE,SPENCER,STEDHAM
TYLER,TILLY,TUCKWELL
WADE,WAGER,WALKER,WATSON,WEBB,WITHRINGTON,WOOD

Offline jazzycat12

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 25 December 17 11:24 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Jane.  A site that I visit regularly and have relatives in common with has 22,000 people on it!!  I thought 3,000 or 4,000 people wasn't that big a site!  Family Tree Builder version 8 apparently has lots of bugs, should have stuck with version 7.