Author Topic: Fred Anson b Q4 1878 Ellerton, Yorkshire  (Read 4108 times)

Offline moylan

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fred Anson b Q4 1878 Ellerton, Yorkshire
« Reply #27 on: Friday 26 January 18 01:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

With apologies for the delay, I am Stephen Moylan, the great grandson of Fred Anson who died in South Australia in 1949.
The information given earlier about Fred is, to the best of my knowledge, correct.

On Ancestry, I have completed a DNA test which has matched me to someone who shares common ancestry with Fred's mother's line, and I have birth certificate information for Fred, his parents Tom Smith Anson and Emily Newstead Flint wedding certificate, and Emily's birth certificate.

Fred married Annie Tate on July 1st 1899, giving Tom Anson, a retired farmer, as his father's name (which matches my Fred's father Tom Smith Anson, who was also a farmer).

Unfortunately I too have sought - without success - to find further evidence and proof of Fred's marriage to my great-grandmother Elizabeth Anson (nee Lawrie). We have no such document in our possession, which is disappointing, and the closest I've come to working out the beginnings of their relationship was through finding out about residents of their Cross Flatts Terrace home in Beeston.

Around 1918 or 19, Fred was listed as occupying the residence on his own, then around 1920 Elizabeth appears on the data, leading me to believe they would have met around this time. May, their first child, was born on June 12, 1921, and died soon after (as previously discussed in this thread).

I'm sorry I have no more info, and would appreciate anyone with leads as to Fred and Elizabeth's marriage and anyone who might know descendants of his marriage to Annie Tate who may have information about Fred's early life.

Thanks.

Stephen

Offline Osborne11

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Fred Anson b Q4 1878 Ellerton, Yorkshire
« Reply #28 on: Friday 26 January 18 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen
It's Chris Anson from Burnley.
I hope that you are well, and that your research is progressing.
I have hit a bit of a wall at the moment, although I had a problem with an ancestor (My mothers Family, also an Anson)who went missing in the 1870's and died in the USA in 1913. RootsChat found him within a couple of days, they are amazing.
I am pretty new to RootsChat someone (Cockneyrebel) contacted me asking about information for Fred Anson
I posted that I had the Anson Family Bible if anyone was interested, and Cockney rebel replied.

My son that lived in Adelaide. has now moved to Townsville, but is returning to the UK anytime

Chris Anson
Anson, Neville, Cook, Knight, Bennett, Silverwood Strickland