Author Topic: Lettice Hayhurst - looking for bapt c.1818  (Read 1669 times)

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Lettice Hayhurst - looking for bapt c.1818
« on: Wednesday 27 December 17 19:02 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can find Lettice Hayhurst’s baptism. On her marriage certificate in 1838 her father is John Hayhurst (weaver). She married in Manchester but lived in Blackburn afterwards and possibly before so thinking her baptism may be Blackburn. She was of full age on marriage certificate in 1838, 20 on 1841 census and died aged 31 in 1849. I just can’t get any further back! Thanks.
TASKER Oxfordshire, EATON Oxfordshire, WIGGANS Lancs, GIFFORD Lancs, PARK Lancs, COTTAM Lancs, BECK Lancs, WINSTANLEY Lancs/Cheshire, VARLEY Garstang/Lancs, NEWTON Preston/Lancs, WOODHOUSE Halton, ECCLES Preston, SCRAGG Oxford/Preston, LAKE/LEAKE/LEAK/LEEK! Preston, WILDING Longton, Lancs, GREEN Bilston/Wolverhampton, JACKSON Bilston/Albrighton, FISH Blackburn/Lancs, WHARTON Lancs

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Lettice Hayhurst - looking for bapt c.1818
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 21:34 GMT (UK) »
and died aged 31 in 1849.

Died aged 30 Sept qtr 1849  www.lancashirebmd.org.uk and GRO online
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 December 17 23:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you yes I have this but really want to know when/where she was born etc so I can try and find her mum’s name and parents marriage hopefully. :-)
TASKER Oxfordshire, EATON Oxfordshire, WIGGANS Lancs, GIFFORD Lancs, PARK Lancs, COTTAM Lancs, BECK Lancs, WINSTANLEY Lancs/Cheshire, VARLEY Garstang/Lancs, NEWTON Preston/Lancs, WOODHOUSE Halton, ECCLES Preston, SCRAGG Oxford/Preston, LAKE/LEAKE/LEAK/LEEK! Preston, WILDING Longton, Lancs, GREEN Bilston/Wolverhampton, JACKSON Bilston/Albrighton, FISH Blackburn/Lancs, WHARTON Lancs

Online warncoort

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • James Edward Butcher, son John William 1925
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 December 17 00:45 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked Lancashire OPC or familysearch?
Butcher Westmorland and Lancashire
Barton Westmorland and Yorkshire
Trethowan,Reeves Middlesex
Halsall,Green,Charters,Chatterton Lancashire
Smith, Moger, Maxfield Wiltshire
Woods,Speechley and Coles Huntingdonshire
Gibson,Blanks,Monk,Fokes Essex

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 December 17 06:49 GMT (UK) »
Yep both and there’s nothing for around that time with John as dad. There’s only three come up at all on lanopc butall wrong time wrong dad.

Online amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 December 17 07:00 GMT (UK) »
Image of marriage is on ancestry 18 June 1838
Her father John Hayhurst is a Grocer,
Richard Fish father of her intended husband James Fish is the weaver.
Are the witnesses any help, John Carr and Charles Warmsley?

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 28 December 17 07:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello thank you yes I have her marriage and that’s how I got her father’s name. It’s all I really have to go off to try and find her parents and when/where she was born. The witnesses names mean nothing sadly. I think maybe they could have been strangers as they married in Manchester but lived in Blackburn and believe, from other advice I received, that couples married in large groups at Manchester cathedral from other towns on their days off from work.

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 28 December 17 07:14 GMT (UK) »
Sorry yes I mistyped the father’s occupation!

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 28 December 17 07:24 GMT (UK) »
I’ve even tried searching ancestry for a John Hayhurst living in Blackburn of around the right age who is a grocer in 1841 but it’s too hard!