Author Topic: Frances Willocks/Willox b1769c can anyone help find her bapt please?  (Read 773 times)

Offline SharonK

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Frances Willocks/Willox b1769c can anyone help find her bapt please?
« on: Thursday 28 December 17 19:15 GMT (UK) »
SORRY:  :-[ to update the below post I have just realised I asked this question four years ago!! I did get a lot of helpful info re the name etc and area of Scotland she may have come from (Aberdeen/Kilmarnock) but no one actually found a baptism. I will leave it here just in case any further info has been released in the last four years that anyone can provide. I appreciate that this may just be one of those dead ends though  :'(

Hi!

My 4 x Great grandmother was named Frances Willocks (Willox) and was born around 1789 in Scotland. She married three times (John Newton, Alexander Mercer and John Neville) and lived mostly in Preston Lancashire. Her father was called George. I would love to find her baptism and hopefully her mother’s name and siblings. She died in 1863 aged 74 hence the estimation of her birth year.
I would love any further information about her early life.
Thank you so much.  :)
TASKER Oxfordshire, EATON Oxfordshire, WIGGANS Lancs, GIFFORD Lancs, PARK Lancs, COTTAM Lancs, BECK Lancs, WINSTANLEY Lancs/Cheshire, VARLEY Garstang/Lancs, NEWTON Preston/Lancs, WOODHOUSE Halton, ECCLES Preston, SCRAGG Oxford/Preston, LAKE/LEAKE/LEAK/LEEK! Preston, WILDING Longton, Lancs, GREEN Bilston/Wolverhampton, JACKSON Bilston/Albrighton, FISH Blackburn/Lancs, WHARTON Lancs

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frances Willocks/Willox b1769c can anyone help find her bapt please?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 December 17 23:27 GMT (UK) »
Sharon,  have you tried Willox in the search-box?

Skoosh.

Offline ColC

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 29 December 17 12:46 GMT (UK) »
In the 20 years prior to 1789 there were 2 George Willock marriages both in Ayrshire where the name is strong.

Agnes Reid 30/4/1787 Kilmarnock  & Janet Sellar 11/7/1788 Mauchline.

There do not appear to be any children’s birth/baptisms for either in Scotland or elsewhere but there are a number in Ayrshire later where George is the father but different mothers, however none for Frances.

The above marriages may be be worth looking at on Scotland's people.

Colin
Clarke, Trickett, Orton, Lawless, Norton, Detheridge, Kirby, Goodfellow, Wagstaff, Lowe, etc.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 December 17 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Only one I can find is an unnamed male;

WILLOCK 18 Jan 1791
Male
Birthplace, Kilmarnock, Ayr, Scotland
Father GEORGE
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)