Author Topic: Isabella Clark - Baptism sought  (Read 813 times)

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
Isabella Clark - Baptism sought
« on: Friday 29 December 17 20:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

My gtx3 grandmother Isabella Bisland (nee Clark) was born in Paisley around 1817. Her parents were Archibald Clark and Jane (on some records Jean) Tweedale (shown as a multitude of things from Twiddle to Tividale).

Archibald and Jane had 6 children (so far only found 6) and there are baptism records for the first 5 then Isabella comes along and nothing. I find this odd even tho it was around the time of various things going on in the Church of Scotland.

1817 fits with info on census info and her death cert. She married John Bisland in March 1839 in Paisley. (Anyone local who knows the publican Bislands yes same family but my Bislands weren't RC).

Whilst I know for sure this is her, would just like to find her baptism if possible

Thanks

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-