Author Topic: Family History Goals for 2018  (Read 1300 times)

Offline dowdstree

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mary Malcolm - 1860 to 1945 - My Great Granny
    • View Profile
Re: Family History Goals for 2018
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 January 18 21:20 GMT (UK) »
Well 2017 will be a hard year to beat for me. I met up with cousins from both sides of my family and managed to knock down some brick walls with the information we exchanged and a lot of hard work on my part. The last piece of information came in a Christmas Card giving me the married surname of a great aunt who had been rather elusive. I have now been able to find her marriage and death record.

In 2018 I will try to put all my information and paper trail in order and into my family tree.

Maybe even knock down my remaining brick walls.

Whatever we all do I know we will enjoy the challenge. :) :)

Dorrie

Small, County Antrim & Dundee
Dickson, County Down & Dundee
Madden, County Westmeath
Patrick, Fife
Easson, Fife
Leslie, Fife
Paterson, Fife

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Family History Goals for 2018
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 January 18 22:44 GMT (UK) »
After spending ten years researching -- and being aware that I'm not getting any younger! -- my aim for 2018 is to finish the first of the four books I intend to write about my own family tree lines, organize all the appendices, sources and illustrations for it, get it printed (just half a dozen copies for family) and then get well stuck into the second book!  CELTICANNIE

CelticAnnie, I think I need to print this out and stick it on my fridge door!
I'm only aiming to put together one scrapbook type family history for my grandchildren, a sort of photobook form.  Not so difficult I felt, but it seems that page one is the hardest! 
That is my goal for 2018.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.