Author Topic: Luetchford  (Read 1321 times)

Offline julianb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Portrait of the genealogist as a young man
    • View Profile
Luetchford
« on: Saturday 30 December 17 12:38 GMT (UK) »
....   and sometimes Lutchford, Letchford, and even Leutchford

I am in the process of registering a one-name study on Luetchford (and close alternatives) with the Guild of One Name Studies.  They were nonconformists from the Sevenoaks area of Kent with a predisposition for the christian names Thomas, William, and Mary.  My maternal grandmother was a Luetchford.

I have already made a start in cataloguing births, marriages, deaths, baptisms and burials - but still have quite a way to go in doing that, and then more in working out how it all fits together.

My intention with the one-name study is for it to be a resource for all with Luetchford connections; it's not much use if I keep it to myself!

I'm not sure where this journey will take me, but I will update this post from time to time as regards status of research, website (when available) etc.  I the meantime happy to have posts on here or PMs on the topic (or via GOONS, once registration is complete)

JULIAN
ESSEX  Carter, Enever, Jeffrey, Mason, Middleditch, Pond, Poole, Rose, Sorrell, Staines, Stephens, Surry, Theobald HUNTS  Danns KENT  Luetchford, Wood NOTTINGHAMSHIRE  Baker, Dunks, Kemp, Price, Priestley, Swain, Woodward SUFFOLK  Rose SURREY  Bedel, Bransden, Bysh, Coleman, Gibbs, Quinton SUSSEX Gibbs, Langridge, Pilbeam, Spencer WILTSHIRE  Brice, Rumble