Author Topic: Thomas Soley Champion, born circa 1780, a bread maker/Baker in 1820sEast London  (Read 131 times)

Offline I G. Cox

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Can anyone help with confirming the birth details of TSC, circa 1780? I have one in Gravesend but cannot trace how he got from there to London. Champions are a Huegonot family. :

Ian Cox

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Soley Champion, born circa 1780, a bread maker/Baker in 1820sEast London
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 December 17 14:24 GMT (UK) »
The only one I keep finding  with middle name Soley is the one in Gravesend. I can find a Thomas Champion, no middle name, baptised in Chelsea 23 Jan 1780 to a Thomas and Mary.

The Gravesend one looks good to me. It's not that far from London and our ancestors often travelled further than we think. I have a 4 x gt grandfather born in Hertfordshire, moved to Durham and then to Yorkshire.

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline I G. Cox

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Soley Champion, born circa 1780, a bread maker/Baker in 1820sEast London
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 December 17 14:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. He is a direct descendant of my wife.
It is frustrating that I cannot get any further back. There are hundreds of Champions and I feel that Northern France is likely destination. say, 150 years earlier.

Ian