Author Topic: Death of Charles Walker  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Charles Walker
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 30 December 17 15:59 GMT (UK) »
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Suzy100

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 30 December 17 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie99

Yes he must have died between about 1896 and 1898 as Charles Frederick was baptised on 31st January 1896 and it does not say on the baptism register that he was deceased.  Which only gives two years if not less as I am sure she would not have married straight away!  Very strange.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Ricketts
Browns
Fletcher
Statham
Baker

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 30 December 17 16:18 GMT (UK) »
Just as on marriage certs, it can't be guaranteed that the father was still alive; I have several baptisms where the father died before the birth or baptism, but not recorded as deceased in the baptism register. I also have one case where a baby was baptised twice after his mother had died (once in her home town where the couple had married and again a few months later back where they had been living); neither mentioned she was deceased either.   
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Suzy100

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 30 December 17 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Yes but it could only have been from 1896 to 1898 when she remarried so I am guessing 1897 is the year he died, giving Alice about a year to remarry.  It has to be within that time.  Yet I still cannot find a death.  I wonder if around that time men were going to Brazil for work!?  Just a long shot.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Ricketts
Browns
Fletcher
Statham
Baker

Offline AntonyMMM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Researcher (retired) and former Deputy Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 30 December 17 16:33 GMT (UK) »
And do you have certificates for the children's births  ?

It would be interesting to see if any mention him as deceased - or what his occupation was. Also if she or he was the informant.

I wonder if around that time men were going to Brazil for work!?
See my previous post about the Sao Paolo Railway Company (and there were others)

Offline Suzy100

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 30 December 17 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Well only for Amelia Elizabeth and Amelia Elizabeth Walker.  But I have checked on the GRO for the others.  The two that I have are 1889 and 1894 both have father Charles Walker occupation Engine Turner.  I will order Charles today.
Ricketts
Browns
Fletcher
Statham
Baker

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 30 December 17 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Even if Charles is listed as the father on Charles' birth cert it doesn't guarantee 100% that he was the father (unless he registered the birth of course!). If Alice was still married to Charles wouldn't he be registered as the father (in those days)?
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Suzy100

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 30 December 17 19:00 GMT (UK) »
Ok I have found out that he could have died at sea!  However I have searched ship wrecks for the years in question and have come up with zero.  I did find a post on here which suggests I would be able to obtain a certificate but I think I would need to have more information.

Anyone got any ideas of where I go from here please?

Thanks
Ricketts
Browns
Fletcher
Statham
Baker

Offline Milliepede

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 30 December 17 22:14 GMT (UK) »
I would check "deaths at sea" rather than shipwrecks.  One of mine died on board ship but the ship wasn't wrecked he was just taken ill.

Hinchliffe - Huddersfield Wiltshire
Burroughs - Arlingham Glos
Pick - Frocester Glos