Author Topic: Howard George Holmes - marriage 1894 - Bristol, St Paul  (Read 2028 times)

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Howard George Holmes - marriage 1894 - Bristol, St Paul
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 13:47 GMT (UK) »
?

Have you ever eliminated

1861 St Pancras, Grays Inn Lane (same area as Emily was in late 1860's)

John J CAMPLIN - 37 - married Cab Driver - born Middlex St Giles
Theodosia CAMPLIN - aged 38, Straw Bonnet Maker  (seems have died in 1868 July/August/Sept Qtr)

?  think he is John Bowler CAMPLIN (G)

This tree is on Ancestry - and John CAMPLIN can't be found after his wife's death - but a brother died in Australia

Offline cordley

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Howard George Holmes - marriage 1894 - Bristol, St Paul
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 14:55 GMT (UK) »
There are two threads to this story, one looking for the birth of Howard George Holmes http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=784707.0 and this one looking for details of his marriage and whether that could assist me in locating him after his birth in 1869 and before his marriage in 1894.

His birth as Howard George Holmes gives no father, but his baptism gives the names: Howard George Kamplin, son of John Kamplin and Emily Holmes. Abode Queens Road.

I think I will never know or prove Howard's father, there doesn't seem to be any mention of Kamplin again.

Still wonder where Howard George is 1869 - 1894... and mother Emily in 1871...  My guess is he met his bride Florence in London where she was in service in 1891, they went back to Bristol, her home, to marry, then came back to London, until, in the 1900's returning to Bristol for the rest of their lives, he dies in 1952.

Thanks for all the help.