Author Topic: Info on Charles Debrooks/Daybrooks/Debrix  (Read 436 times)

Offline Taylor94

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My grt grt grandfather, after capture WW1
    • View Profile
Info on Charles Debrooks/Daybrooks/Debrix
« on: Saturday 30 December 17 18:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I'm looking for more info on my 6th grt grandfather Charles Debrooks.
He was a private in the 1st Dragoon Guards and married Judith WATLER/WATLEN Feb 1797 Salisbury, Wiltshire. On his marriage he is listed as a Private 1st Dragoon Guards.

I cant find a baptism for him or a discharge record or anything relating to his service. Apparently he is on some muster rolls a distant cousin told me but I cant see them.

His first son John was born in Croydon, Surrey 1800 (There is no baptism but I've been told he Charles and the dragoons were stationed here?) he then goes onto have a son Thomas and daughter Sarah in Derby before settling and having 2 more children in Leicester.

The difficulty is that the surname has alot of variations going by records. He is listed as:
Charles Debrooks/Daybrooks/Daybrooke/Debrox/Deborax/Devereux. On his marriage he is listed as Debrooks and on Thomas/Sarahs baptism he is listed as Daybrooks/Daybrook. His last 2 childrens baptisms he is listed as Deborax and his burial he is Charles Devereux 1825 Leicester.
All of his children and descendants used Debrox/Deborax/Debrex, This surname doesn't seem to be Devereux.

Any help would be appreciated.
Richard Dudley of Cosby. Gent
George Bent of Cosby. Gent
William Black of Kilby. Gent
Bernard Cotton of Dadlington. Esq
Sir Thomas Halford of Wistow. Bart
Richard Swynfen of Sutton Cheney. Gent
John Cotes of Aylestone. Gent
John Freeston of East Norton. Gent
Sir John Bernard of Abington.
Edward Shuckburgh of Naseby. Esq
Richard Worsley of Deeping. Esq