Author Topic: CHARLES KINSELA FUNERALS  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: CHARLES KINSELA FUNERALS
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 December 17 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Most of this information is on your cousins family tree, so maybe you do not have access to it. I would not imagine that you would get much information from the funeral directors other than that which you already know, and as you want to find out more about Gilbert who was born in this country you would probably be better off researching him. On your cousins tree it states that his parents were James Henry Sawyer and Gertrude Puttick, which ties in with the information I found previously.
Regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 December 17 23:22 GMT (UK) »
I was doing a general search for a Gilbert F Sawyer and found this on ancestry with a link to The National Archives site.

Medal listing of     Sawyer, Gilbert Frank
Discharge number - R127129
Date of birth 24 September 1917
Date:    [1946-2002]
Held by:    The National Archives, Kew
Legal status:    Public Record(s)
Closure status:    Open Document, Open Description

So I went to check the birth registrations in all England and Wales 1916 - 1918. There is only the one found by paco in the December 1/4 of 1917.
The birth date of Sept 24 does not match what is in your cousin's ancestry tree. Does she have his birth certificate?

Anyway if you wanted to you can download the record from The National Archives site. Cost 3 pounds 50 p. I have no idea what information you will find in it.
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/D4363685

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 January 18 03:15 GMT (UK) »
Not sure if you have this info?
naa.gov.au
Personal documents of British assisted migrants, annual single number series
Smith, Beryl Melita Georgina [Box 13]   
Contents date range   1947 - 1948

(see pg 48) https://www.legislation.gov.au/file/1981P04
Commonwealth of Australia Gazette No. P4. 13 May 1981
GRANT OF CERTIFICATES OF AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP
Sawyer, Beryl Melita, 15 Normac St, Roseville NSW 2069, 12/11/1980

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 01 January 18 03:53 GMT (UK) »
Death notice:

SAWYER Gilbert Frank Death notice 7-2-1966 Death late of Waverley Sydney Morning Herald 9-2-1966   

Jamjar

Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 01 January 18 04:15 GMT (UK) »
Death notice:

SAWYER Gilbert Frank Death notice 7-2-1966 Death late of Waverley Sydney Morning Herald 9-2-1966   

Jamjar

No mention of wife or children in death notice.
SMH 9 Feb 1966
SAWYER, Gilbert Frank, February 7, (suddenly), at Robin Hood Hotel, Waverley. Watch Herald for funeral arrangements.

Offline emilypos

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 01 January 18 06:26 GMT (UK) »
About 8 - 10 years ago  the  NSW Central Coast FHS  Gosford indexed a lot of films of Charles Kinselas accounts .From memory these films were property of the SAG ?? And these films were water damaged ??
 I helped a little on this project . At the time I thought it was a great deal of work  for not much info The data was published on fiche and on  CD.  We have this in our library but that's closed till mid Jan.   His death notice is in Ryerson .SMH 9 Feb 1966

Bye
Emilyp

Offline HAYLEY ROGERS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 01 January 18 18:17 GMT (UK) »
I cannot seem to find anyting else related to Gilberts wife BERYL MELITA GEORGINA SAWYER besides the immigration paperrs, their marriage certificate, her name on the electoral rolls ... any advice where to go from here please? 

Offline emilypos

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 01 January 18 21:42 GMT (UK) »
I cannot seem to find anyting else related to Gilberts wife BERYL MELITA GEORGINA SAWYER besides the immigration paperrs, their marriage certificate, her name on the electoral rolls ... any advice where to go from here please?

Maybe find her birth cert ?  Law abiding citizens ,such as myself,usually don't leave huge footprints in the records ::)

Bye

Emilyp

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 02:20 GMT (UK) »

Have you purchased the 1949 marriage certificate? 

Transcriptions are available in NSW from accredited agents.  Cost AUD$20 and the transcription is emailed to you.  Exactly the same information as on the certified certificate.
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/Pages/family-history/family-history.aspx#transcription
Information would include the bride and groom's parents' names including their mothers' maiden names; places of birth and ages at the time of marriage; marital status of both the bride and groom.

You need to furnish ALL the following details to the transcription agent or you will be charged a search fee.

15607/1949
SAWYER Gilbert Frank
SMITH Beryl Melita Georgina
District Sydney

It is possible that Beryl Melita may have already been Mrs B M SMITH when she emigrated to Australia in 1947 on the ORMONDE accompanied by a Mr J SMITH.  Their former address was Bk 83, Ecclesall Road, Sheffield.  His occupation was a footings operator.  Of course with such a commonly occurring name as SMITH it may simply be a co-incidence of initials.

Have you checked Whitepages?  It may be worth your while ;)
https://www.whitepages.com.au/residential

Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk