Author Topic: What is the link between this stone beer bottle and Ironville?  (Read 571 times)

Offline BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: What is the link between this stone beer bottle and Ironville?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 31 December 17 15:54 GMT (UK) »
Another location where bottles were made, and again about 5 miles away - Denby.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online andycadman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Time Wasted is Time Lost
    • View Profile
    • The Andy Cadman Home Page
Re: What is the link between this stone beer bottle and Ironville?
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 31 December 17 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks - new avenues - well worth exploring.

Codnor Park did have it's own pottery - taken over by Joseph Bourne of Denby a number of years before the business was closed in Codnor Park and transferred to Denby around 1865.
The main names that I am researching into at the moment are Cadman,(originating from Bulkington, Warwickshire), Smedley, (Leicestershire and Derbyshire), Paynes (Leicestershire, Yorkshire and Derbyshire) and Udall - you will also find several other names on my web page. I look forward to E-Mails from anyone who would like to share or talk about our family history.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.