Author Topic: The Death of John Macdonald  (Read 259 times)

Offline ethorn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Death of John Macdonald
« on: Sunday 31 December 17 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Seeking information regarding the death of John Macdonald, born 1868 in Duirinish, Inverness, Scotland, who according to family members, passed away in Canada. What I know about him was that his parents were Alexander Macdonald and Catherine Nicholson, married in 1865 on the Isle of Skye and had 8 children (whom I do have information about). John had a daughter, named Elizabeth 'Lizzie', in memory of her mother (I am assuming John's wife, I don't have a marriage certificate) who died 3 days following Lizzie's birth in 1904 (Apparently in England). John apparently left Lizzie in Scotland with his family and went to Canada, although I have no info on this!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: The Death of John Macdonald
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 January 18 17:27 GMT (UK) »
In the 1906 Canada census there is a John MacDonald, widower, born Scotland about 1870 & came to Canada in 1904.  He was living in a boarding house in Regina Saskatchewan.  No occupation given.  No trace of this individual found in 1911, 1916 or 1921 censuses.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 January 18 17:34 GMT (UK) »
The following site has 2 deaths which might be of interest, unfortunately I think they charge $50 Canadian to obtain details.

http://genealogy.ehealthsask.ca/vsgs_srch.aspx

Offline ethorn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 16:18 GMT (UK) »
In the 1906 Canada census there is a John MacDonald, widower, born Scotland about 1870 & came to Canada in 1904.  He was living in a boarding house in Regina Saskatchewan.  No occupation given.  No trace of this individual found in 1911, 1916 or 1921 censuses.

Thanks for this  :)

Offline ethorn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 16:18 GMT (UK) »
The following site has 2 deaths which might be of interest, unfortunately I think they charge $50 Canadian to obtain details.

http://genealogy.ehealthsask.ca/vsgs_srch.aspx

Thank you  :)