Author Topic: The Death of John Macdonald  (Read 755 times)

Offline ethorn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Death of John Macdonald
« on: Sunday 31 December 17 16:45 GMT (UK) »
Seeking information regarding the death of John Macdonald, born 1868 in Duirinish, Inverness, Scotland, who according to family members, passed away in Canada. What I know about him was that his parents were Alexander Macdonald and Catherine Nicholson, married in 1865 on the Isle of Skye and had 8 children (whom I do have information about). John had a daughter, named Elizabeth 'Lizzie', in memory of her mother (I am assuming John's wife, I don't have a marriage certificate) who died 3 days following Lizzie's birth in 1904 (Apparently in England). John apparently left Lizzie in Scotland with his family and went to Canada, although I have no info on this!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  :)

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The Death of John Macdonald
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 January 18 17:27 GMT (UK) »
In the 1906 Canada census there is a John MacDonald, widower, born Scotland about 1870 & came to Canada in 1904.  He was living in a boarding house in Regina Saskatchewan.  No occupation given.  No trace of this individual found in 1911, 1916 or 1921 censuses.

Offline manawakian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 January 18 17:34 GMT (UK) »
The following site has 2 deaths which might be of interest, unfortunately I think they charge $50 Canadian to obtain details.

http://genealogy.ehealthsask.ca/vsgs_srch.aspx

Offline ethorn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 16:18 GMT (UK) »
In the 1906 Canada census there is a John MacDonald, widower, born Scotland about 1870 & came to Canada in 1904.  He was living in a boarding house in Regina Saskatchewan.  No occupation given.  No trace of this individual found in 1911, 1916 or 1921 censuses.

Thanks for this  :)

Offline ethorn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 16:18 GMT (UK) »
The following site has 2 deaths which might be of interest, unfortunately I think they charge $50 Canadian to obtain details.

http://genealogy.ehealthsask.ca/vsgs_srch.aspx

Thank you  :)