Author Topic: old post about llanarmon Roberts's  (Read 804 times)

Offline slothbear

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
old post about llanarmon Roberts's
« on: Sunday 31 December 17 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello
I am looking for more information on Thomas roberts and his wife Ann . They lived in llanarmon at nat y glog , Thomas was a butcher in the 1841 census aged 50 , Ann is give as aged 55 ..Thomas was born in llanarmon according to census .
I would like to know who Thomas mother and father were and Ann's maiden name please .
This is a old post from a Joanne b , she was looking at Thomas roberts son Edward the post was from 2010..
Thank you ..

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
Re: old post about llanarmon Roberts's
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 December 17 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello again

Link to other thread

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=479430

This thread was about Llanarmon Dyffryn Ceiriog as far as I can remember (add - and I think we did a thorough search then) . I thought you were interested in Llanarmon yn Ial?

Or maybe both.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline slothbear

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 January 18 03:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello Gadget
Happy new year !!!
Yes I am still interested in both posts  , I want to keep going back as far as I can with each generation please.. .. they are two different Robertsís familyís that married into my family tree  so I am interested in both .. .
Thank you ever so much with all the information you have found already .
I have not got any parish register booklets for any of the llanarmons . So I would be very grateful if you could look into Thomas and Ann Roberts from llanarmon dc and any information you have on the other post would be excellent , you have not posted on my other post for a while so I was taking it as that was all you could find ?
Hope to hear back from you soon , thank you very much , again 

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 January 18 09:17 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year.

I recall that Joanne's ancestors were a quite difficult to search for and I got back as far as I could. Have you read through all of that thread?

I'll see what I can find but it will probably be later this week.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline slothbear

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 January 18 13:03 GMT (UK) »
I did read through Joanne's post , but from what I remember it was mostly concentrated on Edward roberts was it and just the census information .
I would like to find more information please about the generations further back which would need the parish registers information which I do not have any booklets for .. I will take a look at Joanne post just in case I have missed something .
so the other post on llanarmon yn ial that is at a dead end for now ? , thank you very much for your help on that post ..

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 January 18 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Definitrely not just census info. I went through all my Llanarmon, Llansilin, etc. booklets. Also Paul looked at the records office!

Is this the couple that you are interested in:

This just might be the marriage of  Thomas, Senior, in Llanarmon:

8 January 1813 Thomas Roberts and Ann Jones both of the parish, by Banns. witnessses David Hughes and  Thomas Lewis

It might be worth you having a look on familysearch search for them:

https://www.familysearch.org/hr/search

The results will probably link to the FindmyPast site which do have a considerable number of records for the area.

Gadget

Offline slothbear

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 01 January 18 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Yes that is them gadget , I did see the marriage between him and Ann put up , but missed that you had already looked through the parish registers , sorry .

Thank you for your help and advice I will take a look now .
Thank you .

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 January 18 13:50 GMT (UK) »
I see that I missed a 1 from the 1851 ref - should read HO107/2509/621/4-5 

If the marriage is them, then the search would be for baptisms of

Thomas Roberts b.c. 1789
Ann Jones b.c. 1786

The censuses just say b. Denbighshire so a broad search in Llanarmon DC , Glynceiriog, Llansillin, Llangollen, Llanrhaeadr YM or other parishes in vicinity.

I'll have a quick search but have lots to do.

Gadget

Online Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • MEM 1878 - 1949
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 01 January 18 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Only one that looks a possible is in Llansilin:

14 Sept 1788 Thomas Roberts son of Owen and Elizabeth, Abode - Sychtyn township.

I'm not at all sure of this as the family could have been non- c or  the  records lost/ entry not included.

Gadget