Author Topic: Pierce Family (of Pierce Ironworks Foundry)  (Read 7446 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Pierce Family (of Pierce Ironworks Foundry)
« Reply #27 on: Monday 12 February 18 07:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wexflyer,

You did come across as critical, rather than preachy but probably, like me, you don’t want the wrong information being followed :)
Just to say, it was no bother to find the list of children and that was, in my mind, to explicitly show the likelihood that there is no Elizabeth and unlikely that there would be.
Without a marriage, it is difficult to trace her back and at the moment there is no marriage plus the difficulty of the two surnames in birth records. I don’t think there is ‘confusion in the thread’  but apologise to the OP if I have caused this.
I do like to be as thorough as possible and helpful. I have tried to point out, perhaps you see this as inefficient, to show that Elizabeth is not of that direct Pierce family. I enjoyed reading about them as a sidetrack, I suppose, but no matter, one can see how possible stories and rumour evolve.
My ways help me me just as yours, I am sure, help you - that’s the way of of Rootschat  :)
Thank you for your comments - they are useful and I might try to be more efficient -  perhaps a bit too late though. ;)
Regards
Heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 19 December 18 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Possible marriage of Elizabeth Killeen to George Evans,
March quarter, 1885, Liverpool 8b 201
I have a strong hunch thar this is the "missing" marriage, or at least the marriage of the parents for some of the births mentioned above.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 19 December 18 23:15 GMT (UK) »
I have a strong hunch thar this is the "missing" marriage.

Unfortunately George Evans married Lydia Smith and Elizabeth Killeen married William J Carroll.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 19 December 18 23:18 GMT (UK) »
I have a strong hunch thar this is the "missing" marriage.

Unfortunately George Evans married Lydia Smith and Elizabeth Killeen married William J Carroll.

You win some, you lose some.
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline PamR307

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 18 October 19 17:14 BST (UK) »
I am trying to establish whether Elizabeth Pierce, born 1843/1844 in Wexford, was a member of the Pierce family that founded the Pierce Ironworks Foundry.
I have found lots of information about James Pierce (born 1813) and his sons Martin, Phillip and John, and have found probable daughters Joanna (born 6.10.1844) and Mary (born 5.4.1848), but can not find any record of a daughter Elizabeth.

The Elizabeth Pierce that I am researching married George Evans Hughes in Birkenhead, Merseyside in JAS1885 - Hughes family hearsay says that Elizabeth is linked to the Pierce Ironworks Foundry, but I cannot prove that at present.

I would be very grateful if any of you knowledgeable historical researchers on this forum could help me.
Many Thanks,
Brian in Merseyside.

This is my first post here.  I came at the recommendation of a DNA match who is descended from the Foundry Pierces.  I have six or seven DNA matches to their descendants. 

My Pierces were Michael Pierce, who married Catherine Rochford in Kilmore.  They had four daughters and the last one was Elizabeth, born in 1846.  One of the girls had James and Catherine Pierce as godparents, and I'm wondering if these were the Foundry siblings.

By 1850, though, Catherine and the older three girls are living in NJ and Michael and Elizabeth are never seen again. I can only speculate about what became of them.

Pam