Author Topic: Lking for Frederick Peter Sepic (Croatia) and Elizabeth (Skibicki) Sepic Pol.  (Read 414 times)

Offline ajonesva

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi There

I've identified some family that came over in the late 1800s to NY from Russian-Poland (Elizabeth) and  Fiume, Austro-Hungary (Croatia). They are Frederic Peter Sepic and his wife, Elizabeth Sepic (nee Skibicki, Skibicky).

There are several census records showing they lived in NYC and New Haven. Also have passport application for both and a naturalization paper for Peter.

1. Want to know if any other users out there have info on these two and their families back in Poland and Croatia. Not many of the official US documents I've found list their hometowns or parents names.

2. They had my great grandmother stay with them at times, and she shows up as one of their children in a census but I am not sure that is correct. Perhaps Peter and Elizabeth are her parents! My great grandmother's name was Celia (Cecilia) Skibicky and she married Frank Standora (Standorf). Looking for info on Celia.

3. Celia's parents, Stefan (Stephan) Skibicky and Constance (maiden name may be Bogudska) are also 2 people I am trying to find out more about. I can find them on the census but again, nothing about their hometown and parents detail.

Thanks to all for looking and in advance for anything you can shed light on.