Author Topic: Missing DNA Kits from MyHeritage  (Read 1454 times)

Offline Sunglen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Missing DNA Kits from MyHeritage
« on: Tuesday 02 January 18 11:53 GMT (UK) »
I ordered a number of kits at end of November.  I was able to track the order on DHL from 5 December to 11 December but nothing further.  Despite emails to support@myheritage.com and to DHL, I've been given no info on my order.  DHL suggested contacting the vendor and MyHeritage replied with an automated ticket# for my inquiry.

There appears to be serious issues with MyHeritage and many complaints from reading the web.  Any idea what should I do?

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Missing DNA Kits from MyHeritage
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 January 18 13:22 GMT (UK) »
As I see it, myheritageDNA have a responsibility to send you x number of DNA kits, as you have paid for them.  It is up to myheritageDNA to investigate where they have gone to, and if necessary, deliver fresh ones.  You have a contract with myheritageDNA and not with DHL.

Persist in your inquiries with myheritageDNA.

My ancestryDNA kit was delivered whilst we were away on holiday, when I got back the following week it wasn't there, or left with anyone, no card through the letterbox.
I did eventually receive it, it was delivered to the wrong address, but after initial queries to the carrier, my next phone call was going to be to Ancestry.

Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Sunglen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 January 18 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Margaret for responding.
Would you believe it, MyHeritage replied today! 

The last tracking date was 11 December on DHL but now the kits have arrived at destination country:).  Fingers crossed that the kits will be delivered soon.

Thanks again.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 01 July 18 09:34 BST (UK) »
I will stick up for myHeritage. I received one of the 15000 free tests about 3 weeks ago. I returned my sample the same day, and I'm tracking it online via their website and they are already extracting DNA. Results in three to four weeks.

Martin

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 01 July 18 11:37 BST (UK) »
They are missing a few things beside your DNA issue

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/970150/myheritage-dna-hacked-hacking-cybersecurity-breach-dna-geneaology-website-passwords

This was reported some time ago.

MyHeritage sent emails to all affected (including me) informing them of the situation, locking people out of the site until they changed their password and logged in again. I read about it somewhere else before MyHeritage notified me, and had already changed my password, then I had to change it again.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go