Author Topic: Violet May Bertrum nee WARD  (Read 1372 times)

Offline cyndy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Violet May Bertrum nee WARD
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 January 18 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Firstly my apologies for the lack of detail in my recent post and for the error in the spelling of Bertram[ the only spelling I had previously was Bertrum]. I had also forgotten!!! that Violet had remarried. Many thanks for taking time to respond so fully.
Looking back.
 All the Ward family you mentioned were my mother Marjorie`s half-siblings sharing the same birth mother, Gertrude Charlotte WARD nee Blanchard. Marjorie was illegitimate and was put into the care of Barnardo`s so her half-siblings never knew her.

Some time ago having sent for Gertrude`s death certificate I was able to contact 3 of her grandchildren who still live in England. They were able to give me some details of my mother`s half-siblings including Violet`s move to Australia with her husband Albert Lister.

I understand that Violet had two daughters and it would be interesting to know more about them and their families if possible.

Cyndy

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 January 18 21:21 GMT (UK) »
Although you have been reminded a few times, you have again  mentioned the names of people who are possibly still living.

Australia's law protects the privacy of citizens and rootchat have a policy in place to reflect this.

You need to remove the names of the daughters.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 January 18 01:11 GMT (UK) »
Vic BDM death
1965 #16696 LISTER, Albert John
Father-Albert Edward Lister; Mother-Lucy Mabel (Ryder)
Place of birth: Norfolk England
Place of death: South Yarra

The Age 14th Oct 1965
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=MDQ-9Oe3GGUC&dat=19651014&printsec=frontpage&hl=en
under Legal notices 2nd column from right, 5th notice down)
Letters of Administration
...Albert John Lister, late of 8 Elm Grove Armadale, Breadcarter, deceased, intestate, be granted to Violet May Lister widow, the wife and one of next of kin of the said deceased...

The Age 8th Jan 1966
https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=MDQ-9Oe3GGUC&dat=19660108&printsec=frontpage&hl=en
(see pg 18 in this link, actual pg 35 bottom right column)
Workers Compensation Acts
Any person claiming to be a dependant of any of the undermentioned deceased workers.....
...LISTER, Albert John, late of 8 Elm Grove Armadale

https://www.prov.vic.gov.au/search_journey/select?q=series_id:(28%207591%207592%207933%2017379)%20AND%20family_name:(Lister)%20AND%20given_name:(Albert)&start_date=1965&end_date=1965&form_origin=WILL_SEARCH

635/464 LISTER Date of grant: 26 Jan 1966; Date of death: 26 Jul 1965; Occupation: Bread Carter; Residence: Armadale
DATE: 1965
SERIES: Wills
AGENCY: Master of the Supreme Court
CITATION: VPRS 7591/ P3  unit 619,  item 635/464

635/464 Albert John LISTER Date of grant: 26 Jan 1966; Date of death: 26 Jul 1965; Occupation: Bread Carter; Residence: Armadale
DATE: 1965
SERIES: Probate and Administration Files
AGENCY: Master of the Supreme Court
CITATION: VPRS 28/ P4  unit 3644,  item 635/464

Offline cyndy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 05 January 18 14:47 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for this information on Albert Lister.

I have deleted the names from my previous post as requested.

Cyndy