Author Topic: Subscription renewal discount code for FindMyPast  (Read 5318 times)

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Subscription renewal discount code for FindMyPast
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 18:28 GMT (UK) »
I understand FindMyPast currently give a 15% loyalty discount on automatic annual renewals.  Not much but better than nothing.  I gather you should get an email about it with the price a couple of weeks or so before renewal.

With Ancestry it seems to get harder and harder every year to get a discount out of them when you phone.  I ended up lapsing my Worldwide sub and taking out a Premium sub at half price the day after it expired (last Thursday).  There was a link on a blog for the discount direct from Ancestry which runs until end of this Thursday.  At the time the 50% off either Premium or Worldwide wasn't working but I see that it is again now with Sandra's link.  Oh well, got Premium this year and as have rather large car repair bill due couldn't really justify the extra for Worldwide anyway if it had been working. :-\
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline ABradley

• RootsChat Senior
  • O'Brollachain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Having a problem activating £1 per month deal. Says that code is not working or I have already redeemed such an offer. The last time I did was some months ago.

Andrew
Bradley,Co.Derry
Shevlin
Doherty/Kearney,Donegal

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 19:58 GMT (UK) »
Having a problem activating £1 per month deal. Says that code is not working or I have already redeemed such an offer. The last time I did was some months ago.

Andrew

Can you not use a different e-mail address ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline ABradley

• RootsChat Senior
  • O'Brollachain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 20:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Yes I could. Just thought that I wasn't doing it correctly.
But I'll try with new addres

Thanks
Andrew
Bradley,Co.Derry
Shevlin
Doherty/Kearney,Donegal

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 20:23 GMT (UK) »
I understand FindMyPast currently give a 15% loyalty discount on automatic annual renewals.  Not much but better than nothing.  I gather you should get an email about it with the price a couple of weeks or so before renewal.

I can confirm that.  When my reminder came through I cancelled auto renew to give myself time to think about it then along came the email with the discount offer.  Auto renew was switched back on  and the discount was received.

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 23:06 GMT (UK) »
   I didn't get a reminder last year, and did complain about it. My sub expires on Jan 17th, so should I hope for an email this year? It is set on auto renew at the moment.
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 02 January 18 23:14 GMT (UK) »
My mother's sub is up on 10th I think the renewal email arrived last week from memory.  Unlike Ancestry they're only giving a couple of weeks notice of price. 

However, with the issue of change to subs if you want to keep the current Britain sub you need to auto-renew or you lose the newspapers with the new equivalent version and get Irish records instead (which are no use to us).
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline Ellenmai

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 03 January 18 15:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for your suggestions and I was very interested to see if I don't auto-renew I will loose the Newspapers, which I didn't know before. I will leave it a bit longer and see what's on offer nearer the time and perhaps contact them to see what they will offer a few days before.

Offline ankerdine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Scottish relatives sisters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 03 January 18 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Interesting topic. I do wish it was cheaper but I understand I can go to my local library and browse for an hour or two.

A six month subscription might interest me, especially during these winter months.

Judy
Blair, Marshall, Williamson - Ayrshire, Wigtownshire
Saxton, Sketchley - Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire
Brown, Green - Rutland
Hawker, Malone, Bradbury, Arnott, Turner, Woodings, Blakemore, Upton, Merricks - Warwickshire, Staffordshire
Silvers, Dudley, Worcs
Deakin - Staffordshire