Author Topic: Possibly Manchester  (Read 451 times)

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Possibly Manchester
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 January 18 20:15 GMT (UK) »
The first picture doesn’t look like a Catholic procession to me - perhaps the local C o E - is that St Mark’s?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 January 18 14:10 GMT (UK) »
How interesting. I wonder if the person / family that the donations came from are in the photos somewhere.
it did have other mementos in the box  and a Beatles leaflet dated 1963. This suggests that someone  had died and there had been a house clearance. Usually the clearance firms  keep and sell the more valuable items and either send the rest to charity shops or the tip.
Luckily this box ended up in a shop.
It is of no use to me - so I wonder if there are any Manchester Archives  that might like it.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 January 18 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk