Author Topic: Can Anyone help me sort this puzzle out??  (Read 451 times)

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Can Anyone help me sort this puzzle out??
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 03 January 18 17:25 GMT (UK) »
Is she the lady who married Edward Gamble, 6th January 1855, Grantham?
Mary Swain, full age, Spinster, residence Grantham, father William Swain, Labourer

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 03 January 18 17:30 GMT (UK) »
born in Branston:
Mary 1816 - 1818
Ann 1818 - 1818
John 1820 - 1821

Deaths - presumably burial dates - provided by FamilySearch? (they often do with infants)
But are burials for Branston online? None after 1812 listed on findmypast
https://search.findmypast.co.uk/results/world-images/leicestershire-parish-records-browse?parish=branston

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline c15wol

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 03 January 18 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jonw65,

The Mary you have found looks very much like it could be Mary Swain from William and Elenaor.

In the 1861 census William Swain's name has changed to William Gamble.

In 1871 Edward Gamble is married to a margaret Gramble so I looked for Mary's death and found one in 1863 aged 41 which could add up.

All the dates I have for the infants are from Family search, I have been to the church and looked around the grave yard and found nothing, only Swain's that had the farm just out side the village (Branston Lodge, Swain's Lodge, Terrace Lodge) the name changed a lot.