Author Topic: David Morgan - born 1852 Stoke Lacy?  (Read 3402 times)

Offline warwickconway

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Morgan - born 1852 Stoke Lacy?
« Reply #18 on: Friday 05 January 18 08:13 GMT (UK) »
I live a few miles from Stoke Lacy.  It's such a small village I wonder why David would consistently list this as his birthplace unless he was born/lived there at  some point.   I have tried following other David's born about the same time in the area with no success so far.   I can't see an obvious Thomas Morgan living in the Reg Disricts of Bromyard or Leominster in the 1851 census either

I notice that when David died in 1911 probate was granted to his wife and a James Wiggett assistant foreman.  Do you know who James Wiggett was and whether he might have been a relative??

Kay

Sorry Kay, I don’t know who that is. He could possibly have been associated with his second wife, Emily. I’m not sure. Thanks for looking at neighbouring districts. The Morgan line does seem to be a real mystery.

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 05 January 18 08:23 GMT (UK) »
Bromyard isn't a neighbouring district - it is the actual registration district covering Stoke Lacy, where David's birth ought to have been registered had he been born there.
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 06 January 18 03:27 GMT (UK) »
Bromyard isn't a neighbouring district - it is the actual registration district covering Stoke Lacy, where David's birth ought to have been registered had he been born there.

If he was born there, I'm inclined to go with your theory about Talchddu.

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 07 January 18 00:59 GMT (UK) »
I've been trying to investigate a famous Morgan that was born in Stoke Lacy to see if there is a possible connection with David, so far I have'nt been able to make that connection.

Henry Frederick Stanley Morgan. ( founder of the Morgan Motor Company ).
born 1881, Moreton Jeffries Rectory, Stoke Lacy, his father was rector there, Henry George Morgan, born 1852,Stoke Lacy , died 1836, Bromyard, Herefordshire. His father was Rev. Henry Morgan born c1822, died 1887.
These time frames would fit with Davids father, Thomas.