Author Topic: Isle of Man  (Read 1042 times)

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of Man
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 January 18 21:16 GMT (UK) »
as the 'editor' of Manxnotebook I am completely in the dark as to why it is suspended -
 I have had no explanation from Manx Telecom  though they have it seems told a couple of enquirers 'they are working on it'
but the site and every thing else connected with Isle-of-man.com was taken down on Tuesday 2 Jan without any prior notice
any thing with a Manx Connection

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 19:36 GMT (UK) »
The MNB site and the message board were restored late this afternoon 9 Jan 2018
 - I don't know why it was taken down but let's give some thanks to Manx Telecom for restoring it and lets hope for another 20 years of operation
any thing with a Manx Connection

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Blue70

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 22:44 GMT (UK) »
That's great news :)

Blue

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 23:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the update, Frances. ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)