Author Topic: David Donaldson Claremont New Hampshire look up  (Read 874 times)

Offline CornerB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Donaldson Claremont New Hampshire look up
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 07 January 18 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Once again Sandra great work thank you. Yes Cecilia is David Junior's sister. She later registers her mothers death under her married name as Cecilia May as far as I can make out. Seems she tried America and it either didn't work out or returned to look after her mother.

Regards

Brian.

:o This is unbelievable I was just talking to my wife and have just discovered something that is uncanny.

The M Taggart mentioned is actually related to my wifes mother who sadly is no longer with us. This is just a remarkable coincidence. It just goes to show how really close we all are connected by just a few stages of life.  :)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Hugs.............
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 07 January 18 14:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian,

At least that showed that David Donaldson still had contact with his daughter after he left.

Who was Mrs M Taggart listed on Cecilia's passenger list ? 

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline CornerB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 07 January 18 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Brian,

At least that showed that David Donaldson still had contact with his daughter after he left.

Who was Mrs M Taggart listed on Cecilia's passenger list ? 

Sandra

I actually think the name is McTaggart but due to illiteracy in those days got a bit lost translation. So I think my wife is related to relations of the Dysart St couple who had no children. That's the problem with this kind of research. On the face of it there is not much to go on as far as why Cecilia was in contact with the Dysart St couple.