Author Topic: Alexander Robson and Flora Eleanor Money  (Read 3546 times)

Offline Christianmpoulsen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander Robson and Flora Eleanor Money
« on: Thursday 04 January 18 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Dear all
I have been unable to find the dates of death, or residence after 1911, for either of my great grandparents.

They are Alexander Robson b1874 Gateshead, married Flora Eleanor ‘Florence’ Money b1875 Bigges Main. They married on 4 Jan 1899 in Longbenton. In the 1911 census they are living at 14, Low Row, Bigges Main with children Alexander 11, Darius 10, Ethel 8, Lilian 6, Walter 4 and Frederick 1. Darius and Walter both died shortly after this.

I do know that Alexander b1874 died in the late 30s or 40s (more likely), whereas Flora lived longer. I also know that in the late 30s they lived at Rosewood Crescent, Walkerville and at various times at this address sons Frederick (b1909), Albert(b1912) and Harry (b1915) lived with them.

Any help on how to find this information out much appreciated. I am unsure if there are electoral rolls showing households for Walkerville.

Thanks
Christian
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Swoish/Swash (NFK ENGLAND);Reed (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);
Sherwood (NBL ENGLAND); Harrison (NBL ENGLAND)

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Robson and Flora Eleanor Money
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 January 18 21:46 GMT (UK) »
Florence turns up on a free index search of the 1939 register, in Rosewood Crescent. She is a widow, and it looks like Frederick Harry and Albert are living with her.
Her birth year is given as 1874.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 January 18 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Florence turns up on a free index search of the 1939 register, in Rosewood Avenue. She is a widow, and it looks like Frederick Harry and Albert are living with her.
Thank you very much, please can you talk me through how you found that and knew where to look. I’ve been trying to find that on and off for ages. Presumably there is a way to look back each year to narrow down the year Alexander died and equally go forward each year to see when Flora died?
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 04 January 18 22:00 GMT (UK) »
The 1939 register is on Findmypast.

I used the free search and simply looked for Florence Robson in Rosewood Crescent.
Having found her I searched again adding marital status widowed.
Then I just searched the surname Robson in Rosewood Crescent which produced the names of the sons.

Probable death of Alexander 3rd q. 1938, Newcastle upon Tyne 10b, 137. Aged 64 (freeBMD)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 04 January 18 22:31 GMT (UK) »
The 1939 register is on Findmypast.

I used the free search and simply looked for Florence Robson in Rosewood Crescent.
Having found her I searched again adding marital status widowed.
Then I just searched the surname Robson in Rosewood Crescent which produced the names of the sons.

Probable death of Alexander 3rd q. 1938, Newcastle upon Tyne 10b, 137. Aged 64 (freeBMD)
Thank you Jen, much appreciated. I think I need to have a subscription with them in order to view it, frustrating its not on Ancestry or MyHeritage were I subscribe.
Is the 1939 register a specific thing just for that one year? I was hoping that I could also find out when Florence / Flora died as well. Did it say what number Rosewood Crescent they were living at?
Christian

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 04 January 18 22:59 GMT (UK) »
Possible death for Flora?

Flora E Robson
Age 82
Date:    Sep 1957
Newcastle upon Tyne Vol 1b, p45

Offline Mabel Bagshawe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 04 January 18 23:06 GMT (UK) »
Florence Eleanor is on electoral registers between 1936 & 1957 at 8 Rosewood Crescent. Alexander is there for 1936 & 38 but not 1939, suggesting that death is his

The entries (and birth registers) suggest two further children are born - Albert in 1912 and Harry in 1915. Albert is still with her in 1957

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 04 January 18 23:07 GMT (UK) »
Possible death for Flora?

Flora E Robson
Age 82
Date:    Sep 1957
Newcastle upon Tyne Vol 1b, p45
Thank you Mabel, I was convinced it was this one, but my Mum who remembers Flora said that she didn't live at this address and there is also a probate record for this death and the beneficiaries are unknown to my Mum. Mum seems to recollect that Flora was still at Rosewood Crescent until she died. I'm guessing she may be listed as Florence Robson rather than Flora (she seemed to switch to this later in life)

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 04 January 18 23:09 GMT (UK) »
Florence Eleanor is on electoral registers between 1936 & 1957 at 8 Rosewood Crescent. Alexander is there for 1936 & 38 but not 1939, suggesting that death is his

The entries (and birth registers) suggest two further children are born - Albert in 1912 and Harry in 1915. Albert is still with her in 1957
Thank you so much for looking this up for me. Is she not there in 1958? That would then strongly suggest that death is hers, but I thought that Flora was listed as Benwell Hill Road...