Author Topic: Brit who emigrates to Canada in the 1950s and comes back to the UK in 2016..  (Read 1420 times)

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Not sure where to go with this enquiry: wife's Aunt, born November 22nd 1931 Morton Crescent, Edmonton in London, emigrated along with parents and brother John and sister and sister in law in the early 1950's to Canada in particularly British Columbia Vancouver / Vancouver Island area, marries a is divorced marries again and then returns to the UK permanently in 2016 with the surname Rosa, so looking for what was a ? no idea of which part of the country, any where I can go to find names of immigrants ? all suggestions gratefully received...

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Brit who emigrates to Canada in the 1950s and comes back to the UK in 2016..
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 January 18 09:20 GMT (UK) »
Could she still be alive? We aren't allowed to post details of living, or possibly living, people.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Andrew Tarr

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wanted: Charles Percy Liversidge
    • View Profile
Re: Brit who emigrates to Canada in the 1950s and comes back to the UK in 2016..
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 January 18 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Could she still be alive? We aren't allowed to post details of living, or possibly living, people.

She clearly was, a year or two ago ...  ;)
Tarr, Tydeman, Liversidge, Bartlett, Young

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 January 18 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Relatives who still live in Vancouver have said that she died some time in 2017 but that is as far as they can go, after the death of the parents the siblings went in different directions, so the son of her brother has said that she came back to the UK in 2015/2016 (could have been a couple of years either way) and has since passed away hence trying to find out about her, problem is we don't know to what part of the UK she went to, we know that there were family from the first marriage to the second marriage in the early 2000's was to a Cricket loving Brit with no offspring, the origins of the family are in the North East but she was born in London........... hence the generalism (is that a word) of the enquiry.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 January 18 09:40 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried contacting her son and daughter?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 January 18 09:54 GMT (UK) »
The first marriage that you mention was most likely Wood Green Q4 1952. Spouse's surname has an extra g in it.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 05 January 18 10:49 GMT (UK) »
This 192 website enables people to search for addresses of people on the annual electoral role.

link

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01l9l/
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 05 January 18 10:54 GMT (UK) »
Haven't found any probate for her but, if she died last year, it might not be through.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline jibhauler14

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 05 January 18 11:12 GMT (UK) »
Have not found a daughter for her had 3 sons  what are the details please for the daughter presumably born in Canada, also when you say the ist husbands name has an extra g how is that spelt please I just had Gooder..  thank you

Moderator comment: names of potentially living people removed