Author Topic: John Winstanley - Watchmaker  (Read 429 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Winstanley - Watchmaker
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 06 January 18 16:43 GMT (UK) »
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Winstanley - Watchmaker
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 06 January 18 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi garstonite,

Would Margaret give Liverpool as pob though if she was born Prescot?
The one I quote in 1861 has a father Thomas, watchmaker, born St Helens.

It would be good if Kiwi2011 could give us the marriage details - address and witnesses. It might help.
I am still not sure if Margaret was living in Eaton Place when she married or that is just the entry from Gores directory.
Hopefully she will be back soon.

Heywood

St Helens came under Prescot at that time - so I have to think that is the right Thomas / Margaret...hopefully Stephen Nulty might read this thread - he is very clued up  about Prescot and Watchmakers  :)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.