Author Topic: Marriage of Mark WESTERDALE  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Delboy31

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage of Mark WESTERDALE
« on: Friday 05 January 18 22:02 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for the marriage of my six times great grandfather Mark Wester(n)dale who lived in Exton, Rutland. He has three sons by his wife Margaret baptised between 1689 and 1695. I am related to his second son Samuel, baptised 1691/2. I have searched most of the parishes in Rutland but hope that he might have popped over the border to Lincolnshire.
I would be delighted to have the maiden name of Margaret
Thanks Delboy31

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Mark WESTERDALE
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 January 18 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline iluleah

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Zeya who has a plastic bag fetish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 13:26 BST (UK) »
You say Mark however I see John with a wife named Margaret for those dates

Exton PRs

8 APR 1691 JOHN WESTER S/O JOHN/MARGARET

12  Jun 1660 Samuel Westerndale s/o John /Mary

Samuel you can't read the surname and the date is 90 yrs earlier???

3 FEB 1601/2 SAMUEL  ?N----- S/O MARK/MARGARET

I see no baptisms for a child of a Mark/Margaret in Exton in the time frame and these are my own transcriptions of Exton PRs which start 1597

I can see no Mark and Margaret marrying in Exton

Leicestershire:Chamberlain, Dakin, Wilkinson, Moss, Cook, Welland, Dobson, Roper,Palfreman, Squires, Hames, Goddard, Topliss, Twells,Bacon.
Northamps:Sykes, Harris, Rice,Knowles.
Rutland:Clements, Dalby, Osbourne, Durance, Smith,Christian, Royce, Richardson,Oakham, Dewey,Newbold,Cox,Chamberlaine,Brow, Cooper, Bloodworth,Clarke
Durham/Yorks:Woodend, Watson,Parker, Dowser
Suffolk/Norfolk:Groom, Coleman, Kemp, Barnard, Alden,Blomfield,Smith,Howes,Knight,Kett,Fryston
Lincolnshire:Clements, Woodend

Offline Delboy31

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 15:58 BST (UK) »
Greetings iluleah
Thank you for your thoughts on my request. Yes, I do have the transcript CD for Exton (and other Rutland parishes) However I have checked the actual registers against that transcript and found a large number of omissions, and errors. I do have Mark WESTERDALE bringing three sons for baptism at Exton, by his "wife" Margaret. The three sons are John 1689/90, Samuel 1691/92 & Mark 1695. Mark junior is buried in April 1696 and Mark the father is buried in July the same year. His widow Margaret then remarries at Greetham in 1696/97.
The main reason I checked the registers in detail was that there were mentions in Exton of this unusual name but some unexplained gaps in the transcript, hence the additional entries. I can send you copies of the updated transcript if that would be useful to your researches.
I did notice the 1601/2 entry but at the moment I have discounted it as being a non Westerdale family event.
Thanks again
Delboy31