Author Topic: maria farr  (Read 724 times)

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: maria farr
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 January 18 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Also to add there's a family tree on Ancestry which has Catherine Paul's parents as
John Celestine Paul 18561913 and Maria Gracie 1857-1898

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 January 18 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Catherine Spence Paul was born 29/3/1884 in Greenock, Renfrewshire, dau. of John Paul and Maria Paul, nee Gracie.

Just to complicate things John Farr himself had married in 1896 a Catherine Spence - she later stated she was bc.1872 but she was in fact born 10/11/1869 Tradeston, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, dau. of John Spence and Mary nee McGuire (the parents stated on marriage certificate).

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I HAVE edited my profile - several times!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 January 18 16:02 GMT (UK) »
That seems to disprove the idea that Catherine Spence Paul had something to do with Catherine Spence who later married John Farr then. I wondered if Catherine Spence or Farr might have been the mother of Catherine Spence Paul, but it's clear from that new information that she isn't.

You must have used quite a few credits looking all this up, Annette7 :)
Researching

AITKENHEAD, Lanarkshire; BINNY, Forfar; BLACK, New Monkland; BRYSON, Cumbernauld; BURGESS, North-East Scotland; CRUICKSHANK, Rothes; DALLAS, Botriphnie; DAVIDSON, Oyne; GUTHRIE, Angus; HOGG, Larbert; LESLIE, Rothes/Mortlach; MENDUM, England; MOLLISON, Lethnot; PATERSON, Larbert; RHIND, Forfar; SANG, Scotland; SCOTT, East Kilbride; STOR(R)I/E/Y, Shotts; THORNTON, Shotts; WADDELL, New Monkland; WILKIE, New Monkland; WILKIE, Tannadice; WYLLIE, Angus; YOUNG, Keith

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 06 January 18 19:56 GMT (UK) »
That seems to disprove the idea that Catherine Spence Paul had something to do with Catherine Spence who later married John Farr then. I wondered if Catherine Spence or Farr might have been the mother of Catherine Spence Paul, but it's clear from that new information that she isn't.

You must have used quite a few credits looking all this up, Annette7 :)

I did indeed, Forfarian!   Just don't like mysteries plus Spence was my mothers name so might have been a connection somewhere (but there isn't).

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline waitnvrmind29

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 January 18 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Wow, thank you all for your help. Sorry, I'm still kind of new at this - started a while back and then gave up, just starting to try piece together the family tree again now. Appreciate all the help 😊 you have given me some ideas on what to look for next time too 👍🏻