Author Topic: maria farr  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Wendy2305

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: maria farr
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 06 January 18 14:15 GMT (UK) »
Also to add there's a family tree on Ancestry which has Catherine Paul's parents as
John Celestine Paul 1856–1913 and Maria Gracie 1857-1898

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 06 January 18 14:18 GMT (UK) »
Catherine Spence Paul was born 29/3/1884 in Greenock, Renfrewshire, dau. of John Paul and Maria Paul, nee Gracie.

Just to complicate things John Farr himself had married in 1896 a Catherine Spence - she later stated she was bc.1872 but she was in fact born 10/11/1869 Tradeston, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, dau. of John Spence and Mary nee McGuire (the parents stated on marriage certificate).

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 January 18 16:02 GMT (UK) »
That seems to disprove the idea that Catherine Spence Paul had something to do with Catherine Spence who later married John Farr then. I wondered if Catherine Spence or Farr might have been the mother of Catherine Spence Paul, but it's clear from that new information that she isn't.

You must have used quite a few credits looking all this up, Annette7 :)
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 06 January 18 19:56 GMT (UK) »
That seems to disprove the idea that Catherine Spence Paul had something to do with Catherine Spence who later married John Farr then. I wondered if Catherine Spence or Farr might have been the mother of Catherine Spence Paul, but it's clear from that new information that she isn't.

You must have used quite a few credits looking all this up, Annette7 :)

I did indeed, Forfarian!   Just don't like mysteries plus Spence was my mothers name so might have been a connection somewhere (but there isn't).

Annette

Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline waitnvrmind29

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 06 January 18 23:03 GMT (UK) »
Wow, thank you all for your help. Sorry, I'm still kind of new at this - started a while back and then gave up, just starting to try piece together the family tree again now. Appreciate all the help 😊 you have given me some ideas on what to look for next time too 👍🏻