Author Topic: George Williams & Mary Frances Darling  (Read 5037 times)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: George Williams & Mary Frances Darling
« Reply #36 on: Thursday 25 January 18 16:55 GMT (UK) »
You are welcome Sue. :)

Another, possibility which may or may not come to anything, is that a George Williams married a 'Jannet Elizabeth A Rump' at a registry office in South Shields in the December quarter of 1907.  A Janet Williams died in South Shields in the September quarter of 1963. 

It might be worth considering if George was not really a widower at the time of his marriage to Mary.  :o

When you are facing a brick wall like this one it is often worth considering all possibilities. :)

Please do let me know if this mystery ever gets solved. :)  It is quite an intrigue how someone can seemingly go missing like this. ??? 
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline mazdaman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 20 January 21 22:12 GMT (UK) »
I am able, if still interested, to solve the mystery of George Williams. He was my great grandfather. I am new to rootschat. Iam willing to share all that I have about him. An interesting man. My interest is in his second family. My grandmother was his daughter from his first marriage.

Offline mazdaman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Friday 26 February 21 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello
 aidanset
For some reason I cannot message you direct.
I have been in contact with the lady looking for George Williams and given her all the information I have including a photograph.
I discovered him from a "different angle" but if you look up 21 Prudhoe St. North Shields in the 1939 Register that is our George.

Regards 

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Saturday 27 February 21 09:08 GMT (UK) »
Mazdaman, 

You will need to make one more post to send personal messages.

Welcome to Rootschat

Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday 16 March 21 12:20 GMT (UK) »
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/223778108/elizabeth-thomasin-snowdon

Just to add for any who may have interest in the 'Darling' family history...

I am a contributor to Find A Grave and I recently found this small memorial in Section G General at Preston Cemetery, North Shields.  Elizabeth Thomasin Snowdon was the niece of the famous life saver Grace Darling.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner