Author Topic: Look Up Request -John Trevethan died 21 July 1875 - Silver City, Owyhee, Idaho  (Read 533 times)

Offline limehouse79

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
On Findagrave there is a note taken from the Owyhee Daily Avalanche for 22 July 1875 for John Trevethan, a cornish miner, who died of typhoid fever at the West Eagle Hotel in Silver City, Owyhee, Idaho.  I am trying to find out if there is further information in the newspaper of John Trevethan's death and wonder if there is anyone who is able to look at the Owyhee Daily Avalanche, or other similar newspaper for that town, which might tell me more.  I am hoping to find more information of the names of his family back home in Cornwall.  Any help much appreciated
Limehouse79
Dünger, Burkert, Diez, Wolfarth, Ellinger, Rathmann, Saile (Germany) and Webb, Pearce, Chegwidden, Trevethan and Bailey (Cornwall)

Offline RJ137

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up Request -John Trevethan died 21 July 1875 - Silver City, Owyhee, Idaho
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 January 18 17:40 GMT (UK) »
This appears to be the source of the transcription.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01la0/

I'm not seeing anything else. Just using last name came up with this, which is no help.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/01la1/

Offline limehouse79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Look Up Request -John Trevethan died 21 July 1875 - Silver City, Owyhee, Idaho
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 January 18 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. I am hoping this John Trevethan is my great great uncle. Although very sad to think he died of typhoid I am hoping to find mentions of his family somewhere to confirm it is him.  It’s a long shot probably! Thanks for your help.
Limehouse79
Dünger, Burkert, Diez, Wolfarth, Ellinger, Rathmann, Saile (Germany) and Webb, Pearce, Chegwidden, Trevethan and Bailey (Cornwall)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 January 18 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Was that his initials J W H ?

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline limehouse79

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 07 January 18 09:39 GMT (UK) »
No, he was just John Trevethan.