Author Topic: Edward Reginald Gilbert  (Read 745 times)

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Dad aged two in 1891
    • View Profile
Edward Reginald Gilbert
« on: Saturday 06 January 18 22:30 GMT (UK) »
 I am having little luck at the moment,My friends Grandfather was Edward Reginald Gilbert ( have from marriage cert of her mother ) she knows nothing about him except he came from Aberdeen area the story i have so far.
He was a army officer died in India in about 1926 when her mother was ten she mentioned The Ghurkas as far as i can make out studying it he must have been in The Gordon Highlanders,Her mothers name was Mary Frances Gilbert born in India in 1916,can find nothing in Army records or birth entries ,can anyone help please,not familiar with Scottish records.
Hickman,Cleobury Mortimer,Shropshire/Staffordshire, Parkes,Dudley,Beddoes Lindridge,Cleobury Mortimer,
Asker,Snettisham,Norfolk,Newby Howe,Kensington,SuffolkLawrence,Greenwich,Bermondsey.Putman,Kensington,Hertfordshire.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Reginald Gilbert
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 06 January 18 22:44 GMT (UK) »
How old was he when he died?  No birth for an Edward Reginald Gilbert on freebmd or Scotlands People

What was her grandmothers name and maiden name and birth details?  Did her grandparents marry in England or India?

Was her mother born in India?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline joyce341

• RootsChat Senior
  • My Dad aged two in 1891
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 January 18 23:24 GMT (UK) »
I wish i knew the answer to these questions but sadly dont,my friends mother was in a convent boarding school when her father died in 1926 she was ten at the time and did not return home had little contact after we know her mother was born in India in 1916 name Mary Frances Gilbert down as May Frances Gilbert in marriage certificate Dehra Dun 1944 she had two sisters and a brother her father was in the military is down as deceased on marriage cert but no ther info apart from name  cant find in military births her grandfather was from the Aberdeen area she was told sadly thats all we know .
Hickman,Cleobury Mortimer,Shropshire/Staffordshire, Parkes,Dudley,Beddoes Lindridge,Cleobury Mortimer,
Asker,Snettisham,Norfolk,Newby Howe,Kensington,SuffolkLawrence,Greenwich,Bermondsey.Putman,Kensington,Hertfordshire.

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 06 January 18 23:36 GMT (UK) »
What was Edward Reginald Gilberts wife's name (ie) your friends grandmother

she had two sisters and a brother

What year was the first sibling born?  That gives us some clue as to a possible marriage date and a guideline as to Edward's possible birthyear
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)