Author Topic: Jane Bowen Montgomeryshire  (Read 2683 times)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Jane Bowen Montgomeryshire
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 07 January 18 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Just for information, the GRO would still probably be cheaper for the certificate
BOWEN   Jane   
BATHER   Edward   
Clun Register Office or Registrar Attended, Clun   Shrewsbury   RO-C/3/28

BATHER   Jane   
COXALL   Thomas   
Atcham Register Office or Registrar Attended   Shrewsbury   RO-S-AT/27/197
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Joanne1969

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Just a quick update re Jane Bowen - I found a baptism for a Jane Bowen 1865 16/01/1865 with parents William and Elizabeth.  Lydbury North, Shropshire.  I think it's too late but as you say the marriage certs will hopefully state the Father.

I've also been pondering over the 1891 census with the elder sister to Jane, Elizabeth Bather aged 5 approx birth year 1886.  There is only the mention of "Pollie" (possibly Mary Jane) in the letter to Alice from Jane and a son in law (no name) which made me think maybe Elizabeth died.
I think she would have mentioned her? I don't know.

I found, quite by chance a death only the transcription on Find my past of a Lizzie Owen last name Bathers, gender unknown, birth year 1886, age at death 12, death year 1898, Newport, Shropshire.
Massive coincidence that the second first name states Owen, I'm thinking Bowen?????

BATHERS, LIZZIE  OWEN     12     
GRO Reference: 1898  D Quarter in NEWPORT SALOP AND STAFFORD  Volume 06A  Page 479

Anyway, you both given me much to think about I hope I can check in now and again on my progress  ;)

Kind regards

Joanne

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 13 January 18 11:45 GMT (UK) »

I found, quite by chance a death only the transcription on Find my past of a Lizzie Owen last name Bathers, gender unknown, birth year 1886, age at death 12, death year 1898, Newport, Shropshire.
Massive coincidence that the second first name states Owen, I'm thinking Bowen?????

BATHERS, LIZZIE  OWEN     12     
GRO Reference: 1898  D Quarter in NEWPORT SALOP AND STAFFORD  Volume 06A  Page 479

The GRO index has her as Lizzie Owen Bathers - her burial entry in the parish register (Adbaston, Staffordshire) also has her with the same names (she had diptheria)

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 13 January 18 11:54 GMT (UK) »

I've also been pondering over the 1891 census with the elder sister to Jane, Elizabeth Bather aged 5 approx birth year 1886.  There is only the mention of "Pollie" (possibly Mary Jane) in the letter to Alice from Jane and a son in law (no name) which made me think maybe Elizabeth died.
I think she would have mentioned her? I don't know.

Edward Bather married Jane Owen Dec qtr 1886

I suspect that this may be Elizabeths birth registration
OWEN, ELIZABETH       (no mothers maiden name on index)
1886  March Quarter
CLUN  Volume 06A  Page 594

Offline Joanne1969

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 13 January 18 12:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Rosie, Elizabeth's birth and death becoming clearer now; if she was born in the MQ 1886 Jane and Edward didn't marry until the DQ maybe that explains the two surnames albeit Owen.
That's amazing you found out what she died of, I have seen Montgomeryshire burial registers very informative I will try and have a bash at the one for Staffordshire thank you.
Joanne