Author Topic: Hucknall Torkard PR's 1823 Marriage  (Read 1173 times)

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Hucknall Torkard PR's 1823 Marriage
« on: Monday 08 January 18 16:07 GMT (UK) »
Does anyone here have access to the marriage records for Hicknall Torkard in 1823?

I am looking for the marriage of Francis Mosley and Ruth Howett. I believe the marriage was on 10 Feb 1823.. And hope that the record might tell me who was Francis' father.. Or where he came from..

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
Mosley; Pugh; Thorpe; Webster; Hill; Ibberson; Nicholson; Moody; Maxfield; Newbold; Lee; Adams; Walker; Tesh; Barnes; Brittlebank; Cowlishaw; Smethurst; Alsibrook

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hucknall Torkard PR's 1823 Marriage
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 January 18 17:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I can have a look for you when I'm next in Nottingham archives maybe oon Wedsneday of Friday this week.  It won't say who the father's were and may only tell you which parish they were living in if not Hucknall.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 January 18 17:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you NG. Very much appreciated!

I had hoped that the father's would be named.. Seems very much to depend on the incumbent from my experience with Derbyshire parishes. I guess I can only hope it gives a clue through a residence indication.

Thanks again
Martin
Mosley; Pugh; Thorpe; Webster; Hill; Ibberson; Nicholson; Moody; Maxfield; Newbold; Lee; Adams; Walker; Tesh; Barnes; Brittlebank; Cowlishaw; Smethurst; Alsibrook

Offline willsmum

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 08 January 18 19:35 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if it's of any help, but the witness' were William Whitehead
and Liddia Howitt.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.UK

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 08 January 18 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Thank you willsmum.

Not sure whether it helps or not  :-\

Liddia looks to be from the bride's family.. I've noted William Whitehead and will see if I can find any connections to him.

Thanks again. I appreciate it.

Martin

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 12 January 18 17:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Martin,

Well went to Nottingham Archives today and had a look at the marriage of Francis Morley and Ruth Howett but it just says both of this parish (Hucknall) and the marriage was by Banns and the witnesses you already know. Also Francis signed and Ruth put an X.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline martin mosley

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 12 January 18 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Thank you NottsGirl, I appreciate you taking the time to check.

This looks like one of those annoying examples of 'lots of circumstantial evidence, and little proof'.