Author Topic: NICHOLSON v. NICHOLSON 1830-1837 - A JOHN & GEORGE HOOD Link??  (Read 1589 times)

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
Re: NICHOLSON v. NICHOLSON 1830-1837 - A JOHN & GEORGE HOOD Link??
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 July 18 12:07 BST (UK) »
You just want a document saying this J Hood was in Gateshead 1786 and would explain why the one off only baptism of George Hood son of John 1786 Gateshead - being there was no other(s) sibling children baptized in Gateshead parish by a John Hood +/- 10 years of 1786.

Hello

"Hood" sailing his coaster "Jane" from Hull was on his way to London on the 1st October 1786 Gateshead Baptism date. But I'm not ruling anything in / out.

3rd October 1786, Leeds Intelligencer
HULL, September 30.
Coasters Sailed. ... ; Jane, Hood ; Adventure, Smeaton ; and Nottingham, Wilkinson, for London.

I have made a documented connection with a John Hood (Ships List 1778), a J. Hood (1780 with your help which gave Company name Burton & Taylor in 1780 which links the Ships List to the other 1778 Advert about the Hull to London sailings via Selby.

A decade later a "J. Hood" in a 1789 Lloyds Register was also sailing from Hull, for Hewson & Co. Hull, to Petersburg.

Then between those years (1780 to 1789 in newspapers which use surnames only) a "Hood" sailing from Hull to London and later a "Hood" sailing in the Ship "Centurion" from Hull to London and Hull to Petersburg.

I now have confirmation that the Hull to London route went via Selby from 1778 onward.

Just placed 2 images, including the 1778 image about Hull to London, via Selby, here ...
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=731922.msg6535003#msg6535003
and referring to the 1778 image in the first post (same agents names), they can be linked.

I will post a list on the next reply in the link with the John Hood, J. Hood, Hood and J. Hood sailings from Hull, found so far, showing continuity of a Hood sailing from Hull.

I feel I have got to go with the Hull records first, because John Hood, Mariner and George Hood, both being of Selby.

Mark