Author Topic: The Globe, 46 New St., Hill Top, West Bromwich c 1900 - Photographs  (Read 750 times)

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Globe, 46 New St., Hill Top, West Bromwich c 1900 - Photographs
« on: Tuesday 09 January 18 12:20 GMT (UK) »

I have just discovered that my G Grandparents (John & Elizabeth Harper) were living at the above address between 1902 - 1904. John is shown as the licencee.

I have come across a photo of The Globe dated mid 1950's and another more recent photo (both show a fairly modern(ish)  building), but wondered if any members had any photographs of this public house for the time period c 1900s, or whether anyone could point me in the right direction.

Regards

Fay

Family name Preston (of Birmingham)
Husselbe (Shropshire), Harper (Claverley, Stoke, Warwick, Birmingham) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham) Pitt (Birmingham) Francis (Shropshire) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham). Taylor (Birmingham).  Mellon(Mallon), Convery, Atchison (Gateshead & Ireland).

Offline stanmapstone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: The Globe, 46 New St., Hill Top, West Bromwich c 1900 - Photographs
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 13:28 GMT (UK) »
The old Globe is shown on the 1964/66 map (and earlier) at https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/399184/293243/13/101329 but has been demolished  and the new one is shown on the 1973 map at https://www.old-maps.co.uk/#/Map/399184/293243/13/100765

Stan
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fayl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Globe, 46 New St., Hill Top, West Bromwich c 1900 - Photographs
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 January 18 15:44 GMT (UK) »

I hadnt got any idea at all that my GG Grandparents lived in West Bromwich and I am not familiar with the area so thank you very much Stan for providing me with the above links.

Fay
Family name Preston (of Birmingham)
Husselbe (Shropshire), Harper (Claverley, Stoke, Warwick, Birmingham) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham) Pitt (Birmingham) Francis (Shropshire) Lloyd (Shropshire & Birmingham). Taylor (Birmingham).  Mellon(Mallon), Convery, Atchison (Gateshead & Ireland).